Sponsored

TRD OFF ROAD Hybrid limited to 5” bed and no TRD Upgrade package?

Kampferpower

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rav4 XLE hybrid; 2004 Corolla S
Hello 4G taco fans… it seems like my dream of getting a supersonic red TRD OR with the hybrid power train in a six foot bed are closer to being shattered with this info I found on the Toyota website. If these screen grabs are correct, it seems like you can select the hybrid power train only in a five foot bed configuration and only in the premium package. This seems to point to the fact that getting a hybrid OR will be both very expensive due to the premium trim option only and very much a short bed. #sad
2024 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD Hybrid limited to 5” bed and no TRD Upgrade package? IMG_0344
2024 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD Hybrid limited to 5” bed and no TRD Upgrade package? IMG_0345
Sponsored

Last edited:

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Tacoma info on Toyotas website is so all over the place, so it’s hard to say for sure. Really hope it’s not true. Hoping hybrid is is possible without a moonroof.

OP
OP

Kampferpower

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma info on Toyotas website is so all over the place, so it’s hard to say for sure. Really hope it’s not true. Hoping hybrid is is possible without a moonroof.
Same. I just don’t understand why the hybrid would be gated behind an all premium package and bed size limitations with a six foot bed already a confirmed option on the TH.

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Wait… I just checked and they’re saying these premium things are options, not standard. Don’t see how you’re seeing premium being mandatory for hybrid.

2024 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD Hybrid limited to 5” bed and no TRD Upgrade package? 1709434183629

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
That said, looks like Hybrid does not have a TRD OR Upgrade package available, but does have TRD OR Premium package as option.

Edit: if true, makes me think they’re going to bundle TRD OR Upgrade package with Hyrbid, and it’s going to cost more than the $3k people have been guessing. And if true, will be at least ~$6k to go hybrid on OR.

2024 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD Hybrid limited to 5” bed and no TRD Upgrade package? 1709434496312

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kampferpower

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I am seeing is that the TRD Upgrade Package is not even available with the hybrid build. I could be wrong, but that screams just Premium trim only… but I guess we can’t be sure until the press release. That is strange that the fabric seats are available so I’m starting to believe that you are right about the upgrade package bundle.

Last edited:

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
I really hope the hybrid OR is available without the premium package. I have one reserved and was really hoping for fabric seats. I really don’t like the fake leather. I’m also not sure I want to pay the premium price for the many things I don’t need. 🤞

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
I really hope the hybrid OR is available without the premium package. I have one reserved and was really hoping for fabric seats. I really don’t like the fake leather. I’m also not sure I want to pay the premium price for the many things I don’t need. 🤞
If it's like my other Toyota hybrid, they bundle the hybrid option in with a lot of what you'd find in the premium upgrade packages.

First Name
Another
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2001
I wouldn't trust anything on the Tacoma website until they release all the info and work out the bugs. Toyota seems pretty crappy yet keeping their website accurate unfortunately.

chounder

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Regional rep told me 5 ft bed only for the Hybrid OR a few months ago at a car show.

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
TRD OR hybrid does have the upgrade package available. I have one on order with a vin number. Upgrade package with the larger 14in screen and moon roof. Plus all the extra stuff in the upgrade package.
Sponsored