Sponsored

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Back on December 14th , I placed a deposit on a Tacoma Sport. My salesperson built out a spec build sheet with the upgrades I was wanting and printed it out for me. In the Sport Upgrade package it shows heated seats in the list of features.

Yesterday my salesman reached out with some allocations. 2 of them had the Sport upgrade package. I was in the process of having him put my name on one of them, but then he noticed a difference.

In the allocation spec sheet it no longer showed heated seats in the list of features.
Now when I go out to the build site. Toyota has changed the description. They removed heated seats, but have added Front and Rear parking assist

now heated seats are separate package or you have to go up to the sport premium package

Tomorrow my salesman is going to call Toyota to see what is going on. I’m happy that he caught it now.

See first image is the spec sheet from December and the other is from the allocation sheet from yesterday. Edited: You can see both show a price of $4,640

2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Upgrade Package seems to have dropped heated seats IMG_3645

2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Upgrade Package seems to have dropped heated seats trdsportupgradepackage
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I can't imagine heated steering wheel and no heated seats, but you never know. I'm trying to get a premium right now (still no allocation at 2 different dealers for a month) but if I had to choose between heated seats and f/r park assist, I'd go park assist.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
The funny thing is the older one shows ventilated seats with the upgrade package which it does not come with and the newer one shows no heated seats...which does come with the upgrade package. I would go by the published build guide before these spec sheets. You can not even add heated seats and the upgrade package on the builder.

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner, 2017 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
So what my understanding is, Toyota got the upgrade package wrong in December. I was going through the same situation, I think Toyota copied and pasted some of the premium package to put as the upgrade package

OP
OP
Nixamantacoma

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
So what my understanding is, Toyota got the upgrade package wrong in December. I was going through the same situation, I think Toyota copied and pasted some of the premium package to put as the upgrade pa
That is what I’m thinking as well

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I noticed this a while ago. There is definitely a typo still somewhere. The builder and build sheets show no heated seats, but there is no option for upgraded package + heated which makes me think there’s a big mistake surrounding this that will be fixed soon enough.

Jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crz honda
Cuando llegara a MĂ©xico?

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Cuando llegara a MĂ©xico?
Técnicamente se fabrican en México por lo que llegan tan pronto como se construyen. Creo que no tanto. ¡Al menos tienes la Hilux!

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
It would be a huge miss for them not to include heated seats on a $50k truck. That’s one of the features that i wouldnt even consider a vehicle if it didn’t have heated seats, and I live in Texas! My guess is that they are included in the upgrade package and the configurator is wrong.

IowaBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Did anyone find a final answer on this? As others have stated, seems odd to drop the heated seats at this level. You can even add it as an add on to the TRD Sport Package in the Toyota builder. If you add the heated seats it drops the TRD Sport Package. The salesman doesn't know.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes, its been answered. The heated seats are not dropped. Watch videos of delivered upgrade package trucks. They have the heated seats, not ventilated.

Also, note that you cant physically option a tacoma upgrade with heated seats on the site. Seem hilarious they would allow heated on the base but not on the upgrade.

Its confirmed wrong.

IowaBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Yes, its been answered. The heated seats are not dropped. Watch videos of delivered upgrade package trucks. They have the heated seats, not ventilated.

Also, note that you cant physically option a tacoma upgrade with heated seats on the site. Seem hilarious they would allow heated on the base but not on the upgrade.

Its confirmed wrong.
There are so many videos. Do you have a link to one that shows this? I've been on the phone with the salesman and he is adamant it doesn't have it. And his sales manager and new car manager are all saying no. Kind a huge eff up on the part of Toyota to have so much conflicting info out there.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
There are so many videos. Do you have a link to one that shows this? I've been on the phone with the salesman and he is adamant it doesn't have it. And his sales manager and new car manager are all saying no. Kind a huge eff up on the part of Toyota to have so much conflicting info out there.
Tell them to look at the toyota published build sheets.

IowaBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
@JBSwine and @TalkingTaco444 I finally got the dealer to confirm the TRD Sport Upgrade Package does have heated seats after 4 phone calls this morning. Toyota really put them in a tough spot.
Sponsored