TRD Pro vs TRD OR Track Width

taco_pd

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
How does the pro achieve a wider track width than the OR?

I have an OR iforce max on the way and going to probably do a lift. Looking at OME BP 51 but want to achieve the same stance as the Pro. Do I need to do anything else to achieve the inch wider track width or is it just a positive offset on the wheels?

wanted to get the pro but hate the seats enough to just get an OR and make it as pro as possible.

tia.
Sponsored

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I watched a video yesterday where Sheldon brown chief engineer was telling that TRD designed new control arm which TRD pro comes with . Thats what gives it 1 inch higher compared to of road

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Wheel offset is what gives the Pro additional width.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I'd give a shout out to @independanceoverland he has a video that goes into some of the width discrepancies; says the 3" wider on the TH & PRO vs the OR has mostly to do with the wheels and less-so the suspension. time stamp ~3:40

https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...pro-are-worth-the-hype-video.1999/#post-63990
Yeah, I believe Toyota did this because they are very aware that people will be putting giant tires on these. So it looks good with OE, but when you get your own wheels and tires you can utilize the fenders with the larger tire. I cant help to also assume that with the right wheel + a 35" tire, the wheel bearings wont take as much of a beating from them. The OEM setup will have been designed for that to some extent.

That's just an assumption. Kind of like how that new plate in the wheel well that needs to be removed for a 35" tire. Better than a body mount chop! They did their best to make it modifiable, while appeasing Japan in the process. That's my theory anyway.

Toyota wont design things like Chevy, Jeep, and Ford do so they kind of jump through hoops to get this stuff approved by corporate.
Sponsored