Sponsored

[Update: just an unplugged connector!] Going for service repair: "System Malfunction Visit Your Dealer" error message

OP
OP
Rick_Shear

Rick_Shear

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Not yet, if I haven’t heard anything by the time I get home from work, I’ll give them a call.
Sponsored

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Not sure you all saw this discussion on FB. Same issue!... Not sure if these folks are on this forum...
1708988833865.png

1708988882885.png

PaulB

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport
Ran across someone on Facebook that got the grille shutter error. He thinks it happened after going through a car wash with the brushes.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
They should just put them open and unplug them until they find a fix. This seems like a silly reason to hold it at the dealership

OP
OP
Rick_Shear

Rick_Shear

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Well luckily it was something simple. Apparently a connector had come unplugged. They simply plugged it back in and reset the errors and we’re back in business. They said it must not have been plugged in all the way from the factory and had come apart from normal driving vibration. They made sure it was connected until the plug latched.

Mackieallan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ranger
Well luckily it was something simple. Apparently a connector had come unplugged. They simply plugged it back in and reset the errors and we’re back in business. They said it must not have been plugged in all the way from the factory and had come apart from normal driving vibration. They made sure it was connected until the plug latched.
Whew that's it? Can't believe it took them that long to realize it was an unplugged connector.

Yea 3rd gen owners will have to call off the doomsday party wah wah.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Took a look at my truck to confirm that it does indeed have the shutter and it does. There also appears to possibly be a sensor that measures the temperature there too. Here are some pictures of the sensor and the shutter in the open position.
IMG_5494.jpeg
IMG_5496.jpeg
IMG_5500.jpeg
IMG_5501.jpeg
IMG_5497.jpeg

Last edited:
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-road
I was able to pickup my new 2024 Tacoma TRD off-road on Friday. 115 miles later the truck experienced significant failures and check engine lights. 4 different warnings lit up (Advanced Ultra-sonic detecting and ranging system, drive-start control system, radiator grill shutter and check engine).

Fortunately I was close to home and able to get to the dealer. Still no word from them, they have had the truck all day. 4 days old and already turning into a bad experience.

PaulB

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport
I was able to pickup my new 2024 Tacoma TRD off-road on Friday. 115 miles later the truck experienced significant failures and check engine lights. 4 different warnings lit up (Advanced Ultra-sonic detecting and ranging system, drive-start control system, radiator grill shutter and check engine).

Fortunately I was close to home and able to get to the dealer. Still no word from them, they have had the truck all day. 4 days old and already turning into a bad experience.
Oh man hope it’s something minor.

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Service just came out and said it’s an issue with the shutter on the grille that controls air flow and they have to pass it up to Toyota engineering to determine if it needs part swap or reprogramming so I’m leaving with a 2023 Tacoma loaner ☹
I have the same issue with mine. The technician told me that there was water in the connection (my Taco was 4 days old and it didnt rain when we had it). He said that the part they used to seal the connection was not water tight, so he was going to use a marine grade sealant to secure it. He suggested that this may be something that others will have problems with. Possibly in the manufacturing.

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-road
I would discuss this with them. I had the same issue but water got in and it caused major system alerts. The dealership said the connector they were using is not waterproof and he had to use marine grade sealant to waterproof it. happening now so hopefully this fixes things.
Sponsored