Sponsored

What are these red lines in instrument cluster?

BlackTaco

First Name
BlackTaco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco OR
There are 3 different types of red lines.
Anybody knows about them?
I checked the manual throughly, but cannot find any explanations or hints.
Thanks.

2024 Tacoma What are these red lines in instrument cluster? IMG_7983
Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Gpt4o is claiming it's this:

The red lines at the bottom of the display in your 2024 Toyota Tacoma represent part of the Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist feature. This system is part of Toyota’s Safety Sense suite, designed to help prevent unintentional lane departures. The red lines indicate that the system has detected the lane markings and is monitoring the vehicle’s position within the lane. If the vehicle starts to drift out of the lane without signaling, the system will alert the driver and may provide gentle steering inputs to help keep the vehicle within the lane.

For detailed information on this and other features of your vehicle, you can refer to the 2024 Toyota Tacoma Owner’s Manual .

1. Download the Manual: Use this link to access the manual.

2. Search the PDF: Open the PDF file in a viewer that allows text search (like Adobe Acrobat Reader).

3. Keyword Search: Use keywords such as “Lane Departure Alert,” “Steering Assist,” or “red lines” to find the relevant sections.

Typically, information about driver assistance systems is found in sections related to safety features or driving assist features. Look for a table of contents at the beginning of the manual, which should guide you to the appropriate section.

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
Gpt4o is claiming it's this:

The red lines at the bottom of the display in your 2024 Toyota Tacoma represent part of the Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist feature. This system is part of Toyota’s Safety Sense suite, designed to help prevent unintentional lane departures. The red lines indicate that the system has detected the lane markings and is monitoring the vehicle’s position within the lane. If the vehicle starts to drift out of the lane without signaling, the system will alert the driver and may provide gentle steering inputs to help keep the vehicle within the lane.

For detailed information on this and other features of your vehicle, you can refer to the 2024 Toyota Tacoma Owner’s Manual .

1. Download the Manual: Use this link to access the manual.

2. Search the PDF: Open the PDF file in a viewer that allows text search (like Adobe Acrobat Reader).

3. Keyword Search: Use keywords such as “Lane Departure Alert,” “Steering Assist,” or “red lines” to find the relevant sections.

Typically, information about driver assistance systems is found in sections related to safety features or driving assist features. Look for a table of contents at the beginning of the manual, which should guide you to the appropriate section.

Nope it literally means the brake is being applied. Set the adaptive cruise control and anytime the truck brakes, it will illuminate.
It’s like a taillight indicator.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Nope it literally means the brake is being applied. Set the adaptive cruise control and anytime the truck brakes, it will illuminate.
It’s like a taillight indicator.
Lights up by default with adaptive cruise set in park?

Sponsored

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
There are 3 different types of red lines.
Anybody knows about them?
I checked the manual throughly, but cannot find any explanations or hints.
Thanks.

IMG_7983.jpeg
Sorry to thread-jack, but how do you get the compass on there. I can't figure out how to do it.

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Any time you brake the red lines are on. Correct.

OP
OP
BlackTaco

BlackTaco

First Name
BlackTaco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco OR
Sorry to thread-jack, but how do you get the compass on there. I can't figure out how to do it.

In the owner's manual, Page 24,

(In the left side of steering wheel)

Press meter control switch left or right,
and press OK switch,
and press up or down arrow switches,

then, you will find it, and some other more features.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
For some reason people feel the need to have an indicator that they're pressing their brake, must have numb legs lol.

It is indeed a brake light indicator and I hate it.

Sponsored

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
For some reason people feel the need to have an indicator that they're pressing their brake, must have numb legs lol.

I love it..lol..says one east coaster to another. I like it when adaptive cruise is activated and it slows the truck down. With my other truck I was curious if engine braking or the brakes were slowing me..now I know. I can sleep at night.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I love it..lol..says one east coaster to another. I like it when adaptive cruise is activated and it slows the truck down. With my other truck I was curious if engine braking or the brakes were slowing me..now I know. I can sleep at night.
You know what, fair point. I was always curious if my Camry was engine braking or actually braking making me look like an idiot on the highway 🤣

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
You know what, fair point. I was always curious if my Camry was engine braking or actually braking making me look like an idiot on the highway 🤣
Great minds think alike.

GMak621

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD ØR
While we’re on the brake topic….Is anyone else’s brake pedal loud if they quickly release the brake? My is noisy unless I slowing release it. Mechanically loud, not squeaky or anything

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad

It can be disabled by holding the ok button on the wheel. It’s under vehicle settings at the bottom of that list.
Sponsored