Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

dkichenside

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
Admin Edit - Thank you to Trainer Steve for helping Tacoma4G members with the status of their 2024 Tacomas.

Send Steve a thank you! https://www.buymeacoffee.com/trainersteveclifford

Original Post:

Anyone know why so many 2024 Tacomas are going on QC hold and typically for how long?

Seems like the count is excessive.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lb272

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MT Forester
I noticed that in the videos for TRDs without the options packages the trucks don't have an inverter switch or the bed outlet that Toyota's website says is standard. I was thinking website goof up but maybe a production error? Wild speculation.....

Gampy164

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
I had a 2022 Tundra that was built in December 2021, but not delivered until late May 2022, due to QC Hold. I have a deposit on a 2024 Tacoma that was built last week, and was put on a 30 QC Hold over the weekend. I hope it won't take as long as the Tundra took for delivery. Toyota really needs to communicate with the dealerships better than they have been.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
For those of you on QC hold, which trim are you getting? I'm wondering if it specific. I got some story about a delay for Floor Mats on Tuesday. Going to check back in tomorrow.

OP
OP

dkichenside

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
For those of you on QC hold, which trim are you getting? I'm wondering if it specific. I got some story about a delay for Floor Mats on Tuesday. Going to check back in tomorrow.
Mine is a TRD OR Premium with Sway Bar Disconnect. No floor mats

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Mine is a TRD OR Premium with Sway Bar Disconnect. No floor mats
I know there was a problem with the SBD that was holding up builds. I don't have that, just TRD OR Premium. I don't have upgraded mats, so if they're really holding it up for regular mats that's some bs. Granted, no weathertech or husky mats yet, but I'd buy a set from AutoZone if I had to rather than wait.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
TRD OR Premium, no floor mats, no SBD

Ive ordered the all weather mats, they’re delivering Monday.

stokes32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My OR with upgrade package was supposed to arrive by 3/3 and now they just put it on a 30 QC hold.

Gampy164

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Mine is a TRD OR Premium without sway bar disconnect.
Sponsored