Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I noticed yesterday that all of the ones listed as fright and are supposed to be on their way with real VIN numbers are popping up a weird message in the tracker.
Mine hasn't been available since it was built, even with the permanent VIN. It did just pop up in the allocation sheet with my new VIN with a status of Freight. Not sure if that means it's not held up. It's funny because my dealer had moved the temporary VIN to Sold and and it disappeared from everything except the sold tab on the allocation sheet. Now there is a new line item with the VIN the dealer gave me in the allocation sheet showing freight. It's also back in SmartPath. Still no ETA in any of the systems, but there never was. Not sure if that is up to the dealer or not.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Mine hasn't been available since it was built, even with the permanent VIN. It did just pop up in the allocation sheet with my new VIN with a status of Freight. Not sure if that means it's not held up. It's funny because my dealer had moved the temporary VIN to Sold and and it disappeared from everything except the sold tab on the allocation sheet. Now there is a new line item with the VIN the dealer gave me in the allocation sheet showing freight. It's also back in SmartPath. Still no ETA in any of the systems, but there never was. Not sure if that is up to the dealer or not.
I have had the same issue with mine. It disappeared from the sheet a couple days before it was built and hasn't returned yet. My dealer did let me know it's at the regional port and on QC hold. So once it's lifted, it should be here pretty quickly.

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
It did just pop up in the allocation sheet with my new VIN with a status of Freight. Not sure if that means it's not held up.
Mine shows Freight but the dealer confirmed FI (hold) status. Sigh...

w00die

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 4 Tacoma SR5
My SR5 arrived in Newark over the weekend. And, of course, it’s on QC hold as well…

SupaSupra

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Supra
About 4500 plus whatever has been allocated to the SE and Gulf States regions because I can't see those.
Wow that's a lot of trucks...and 95% of them are on inspection hold?

I'm wondering if Toyota is purposely holding them back until all the 2023's are gone. Releasing 4500+ new Tacos onto the market is not going to help their dealers sell the outgoing model.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Wow that's a lot of trucks...and 95% of them are on inspection hold?

I'm wondering if Toyota is purposely holding them back until all the 2023's are gone. Releasing 4500+ new Tacos onto the market is not going to help their dealers sell the outgoing model.
I don't see how this will help them. They're still selling 2023s for the cost of a 2024 in my area, maybe a few grand cheaper. A couple people I know wanting Tacoma's told the dealers to shove their trucks where the sun don't shine for this reason in specific.

If they really wanted to clear out their 2023 models, they'd drop the price to where it should be lol

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Not a chance they are holding to allow existing stocks to dwindle. Most stores are out of 2023 or have very ew left. Those that do are charging a premium because some folks just don't want a new model and are now realizing they have to move quickly.

The way our system works, is that once they leave the factory control, they switch to "freight" status. My searches only included these F status trucks. There are more in A status which means they were built but still under factory control. I didn't check those. Because these are built in Mexico, they can remain in F status for quite some time. The Central Mexico plant takes 4 to 8 weeks to get the trucks to us while the Tijuana plant is 3 weeks give or take. All of this is to the East Coast.

I explain all of this to illustrate that this will not be a dump when they clear it out. It is going to take time and coordination. Again though, I don't know what the problem is nor how long it will take to process all of them.
Are you seeing trucks from both plants being held? Someone posted it was just Central Mexico and not Baja.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Are you seeing trucks from both plants being held? Someone posted it was just Central Mexico and not Baja.
⬇⏬

I just got a PM with a question that makes me realize I need to be very clear here. This quality hold is on all of them. Both manual and automatic transmissions are included. Both factories are included. All trim levels are included.

Just for giggles, I just checked the incoming Land Cruisers. There are currently 85 of them allocated to the US and none has left Japan yet. They are NOT labeled as quality holds but none of those has arrived in the US yet. The region I'm in has not allocated them yet and will not be allocating them on Friday so I don't know if this is holding that up or not.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150

FUBRWI

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Not a chance they are holding to allow existing stocks to dwindle. Most stores are out of 2023 or have very ew left. Those that do are charging a premium because some folks just don't want a new model and are now realizing they have to move quickly.

The way our system works, is that once they leave the factory control, they switch to "freight" status. My searches only included these F status trucks. There are more in A status which means they were built but still under factory control. I didn't check those. Because these are built in Mexico, they can remain in F status for quite some time. The Central Mexico plant takes 4 to 8 weeks to get the trucks to us while the Tijuana plant is 3 weeks give or take. All of this is to the East Coast.

I explain all of this to illustrate that this will not be a dump when they clear it out. It is going to take time and coordination. Again though, I don't know what the problem is nor how long it will take to process all of them.
https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/where-are-all-our-2024-tacomas-right-here-port.2085/

Is this where all the F status trucks are? I think the assumption was they are waiting on PIO install but maybe that's where the QA inspection is if you're saying 95% of the 4500 trucks that have already left the factory? So they must be held somewhere outside the factory.
Sponsored