Sponsored

Wolfbox Power Running Board Issue on Hybrid Tacomas

OP
OP

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
That extension is a good idea. I will be out of town next weekend.
Sponsored

 

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
94
Reaction score
86
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
OK - so we have yet another person (on another forum) with a '26 hybrid with the same symptons as me - switched to the PInk CAN line, and while the boards work - they cause a dozen codes and system failures.

My update; a few days back I completely disconnected the running boards - removed the wire taps from the system, and the codes haven't popped since. (so it was NOT the FItcam...)

I'm still waiting on the CAN harness extension to arrive, and when it does I'll be plugging it in for a few days to make sure it runs clean, and then I'll splice in quality connectorsto attach the Wolfbox wires to the system.

....Hopefully they are actually working on an ECU update.... since we have another person with identical issues, I'm thinking it's an issue with the supplied connectors, or the CAN signal is getting noise/backfeed from the wolfbox ECU (a choke? filtering Capacitor? diode? - an optical isolator would probably be ideal)
 
OP
OP

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
OK - so we have yet another person (on another forum) with a '26 hybrid with the same symptons as me - switched to the PInk CAN line, and while the boards work - they cause a dozen codes and system failures.

My update; a few days back I completely disconnected the running boards - removed the wire taps from the system, and the codes haven't popped since. (so it was NOT the FItcam...)

I'm still waiting on the CAN harness extension to arrive, and when it does I'll be plugging it in for a few days to make sure it runs clean, and then I'll splice in quality connectorsto attach the Wolfbox wires to the system.

....Hopefully they are actually working on an ECU update.... since we have another person with identical issues, I'm thinking it's an issue with the supplied connectors, or the CAN signal is getting noise/backfeed from the wolfbox ECU (a choke? filtering Capacitor? diode? - an optical isolator would probably be ideal)
The solution they don't want to implement is get the can signals from the obdii connection because of patent issues.
 
Last edited:

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
94
Reaction score
86
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
The solution the don't want to implement is get the can signals from the obdii connection because of patent issues.
It's they supposedly can't TELL us to do it (if anything, I'll be looking into that) might try it anyway. ( I wish they would tell us flat out "no, won't work" or "wink wink nudge - no we can't tell you to"
Sponsored

 
 






Top