Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
In all their other vehicles, it has to have the buttons on the door for it to work with the profiles. Until someone confirms otherwise, I'm assuming it isn't included.

Driver profile is saved in the infotainment system and can be linked to a key. Seat will change based off what key is in vehicle or driver profile selected.
Sponsored

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
It's crazy how everyone has to piece together all this info from multiple different sources instead of coming straight from Toyota via configurator. Especially given production starting within a few weeks. Really disappointed how much of an ordeal this launch execution is turning out to be.
It has been communicated that the configurator goes live next week!

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
$9K option packages on a smallish-midsize Toyota pickup truck. Just. Wow.

That's Porsche-level factory gouging, straight out of Stuttgart's playbook. Well done, Toyota! Premium German brands will see your prices and say to themselves, "You think we're undercharging a little?"
Did you happen to see what that package includes? It looks pretty sweet. You may want to review it and then edit your comment about Porsche gouging.

RunDMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
Did you happen to see what that package includes? It looks pretty sweet. You may want to review it and then edit your comment about Porsche gouging.
As far as I've seen it doesn't include anything more than the premium package includes on previous years. Ventilated seats and a powered tailgate seem to be the main options that weren't available on previous models.

Also where has it been communicated that the configurator goes live next week?

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
As far as I've seen it doesn't include anything more than the premium package includes on previous years. Ventilated seats and a powered tailgate seem to be the main options that weren't available on previous models.

I donā€™t recall as I have read and watched so many videos. I remember because they gave this week as the embargo being lifted and said the configurator goes live the week after.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR

And MTM/360deg cameras, digital rear view mirror. That's a big one.

RunDMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
And MTM/360deg cameras, digital rear view mirror. That's a big one.
MTM was available on lesser option packages last year. Digital rear view mirror is new though I suppose. All together it's still an underwhelming amount of new features on the premium package that is getting a 50% increase in price.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
MTM was available on lesser option packages last year. Digital rear view mirror is new though I suppose. All together it's still an underwhelming amount of new features on the premium package that is getting a 50% increase in price.
Dang, I stand corrected. I thought the 2023 didn't have MTM

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Driver profile is saved in the infotainment system and can be linked to a key. Seat will change based off what key is in vehicle or driver profile selected.
Is that confirmed anywhere officially or an assumption? With the Tundra, you have to have the memory seats equipped for this to work.

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
I did. And "sweet" is relative. Let's do the math.

MSRP for a TRD OR DC 8AT with 5' bed is $42,900. The corresponding Premium Package for that model is $8,800. Its pricey bits include heated and ventilated power front seats; moonroof; 14" display; premium JBL stereo; digital rear view mirror; etc. That $8,800 option package price corresponds to a roughly 20 percent bump in total price versus base. Pretty bold.

Porsche is known for charging for every. Damned. Thing. On its cars. In the case of our 911, its base price in 2020 was $114,950 including delivery. We ballooned its final MSRP by over $30K in options to add features that come standard on many VWs, such as metallic paint; full leather; passive driving assists (blind-spot warning; lane-change assist; radar cruise control); larger wheels and tires; heated and ventilated seats; moonroof; Bose stereo; etc. Sound familiar?

The math doesn't lie. We added 26 percent to the base price of the car, for a total price of roughly $145K. And that includes another $3,500 for a sport exhaust. On a 911. Seriously.

So yes, in my opinion Toyota asking for an additional 20 percent over the base price of a TRD OR for basic things that many mainstream manufacturers -- particularly the Koreans -- include as standard equipment across their model range reminds me of how Porsche does business. That company offers all of its model lineup -- from the "cheapest" $50K base Macan to a $200K 911 Turbo S -- in stripped-down form, "allowing" its customers to customize their cars as they see fit, all the while knowing that nearly every car sold will include at least 25 percent of its base MSRP in options. And the specialty cars, such as the 911 GT3? You rarely see those with less than a third of their original MSRP in options, most often paint to sample, which adds at least $15K to the price of the car.

Toyota seems to be doing the same thing with the Premium packages across the non-halo Tacomas. I expect the TRD Pro and Trailhunter will arrive loaded down, with few options. But that's small consolation to those buying the low- to mid-line trims who have to drop a huge percentage of base MSRP to equip their trucks decently.

So no, I am sorry to say I will not be editing my original post. My opinion stands.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
Yep, so you are basically getting a ā€œLIMITED TRD Off Roadā€ā˜‘

02to24taco

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru

MSRP for a TRD OR DC 8AT with 5' bed is $42,900. The corresponding Premium Package for that model is $8,800. Its pricey bits include heated and ventilated power front seats; moonroof; 14" display; premium JBL stereo; digital rear view mirror; etc. That $8,800 option package price corresponds to a roughly 20 percent bump in total price versus base. Pretty bold.

Porsche is known for charging for every. Damned. Thing. On its cars. In the case of our 911, its base price in 2020 was $114,950 including delivery. We ballooned its final MSRP by over $30K in options to add features that come standard on many VWs, such as metallic paint; full leather; passive driving assists (blind-spot warning; lane-change assist; radar cruise control); larger wheels and tires; heated and ventilated seats; moonroof; Bose stereo; etc. Sound familiar?

The math doesn't lie. We added 26 percent to the base price of the car, for a total price of roughly $145K. And that includes another $3,500 for a sport exhaust. On a 911. Seriously.

So yes, in my opinion Toyota asking for an additional 20 percent over the base price of a TRD OR for basic things that many mainstream manufacturers -- particularly the Koreans -- include as standard equipment across their model range reminds me of how Porsche does business. That company offers all of its model lineup -- from the "cheapest" $50K base Macan to a $200K 911 Turbo S -- in stripped-down form, "allowing" its customers to customize their cars as they see fit, all the while knowing that nearly every car sold will include at least 25 percent of its base MSRP in options. And the specialty cars, such as the 911 GT3? You rarely see those with less than a third of their original MSRP in options, most often paint to sample, which adds at least $15K to the price of the car.

Toyota seems to be doing the same thing with the Premium packages across the non-halo Tacomas. I expect the TRD Pro and Trailhunter will arrive loaded down, with few options. But that's small consolation to those buying the low- to mid-line trims who have to drop a huge percentage of base MSRP to equip their trucks decently.

So no, I am sorry to say I will not be editing my original post. My opinion stands.
Sorry but I donā€™t agree with this take in the slightest. You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I agree that a $8,800 option package is bold for a Tacoma but to say that that theyā€™re nickel and dimming you for options that all the other brands give as standard is not correct. ā€œheated and ventilated power front seats; moonroof; 14" display; premium JBL stereo; digital rear view mirror; etc.ā€ are the things you mentioned and none of those are standard items on any toyota.
You also left out the most expensive part of that package which is the towing/trailer technology package and the 360 terrain monitor, both of which are premium add-ons for any brand that offers it.
And to compare what should be standard add-ons for a luxury brand like a Porsche to a mid-size toyota truck is not comparing apples to apples at all.
what we should be talking about is that toyota offers 2 tiers off add on packages for the trd for those who do want nicer seats and stereo but donā€™t want to spring for things like trailers camera options and 360 terrain monitors. I think itā€™s awesome that theyā€™re offering that and doesnā€™t require you to add-on 20% in upgrades.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

so much of this makes zero sense.

so much of whatā€™s in the premium package is NOT stuff that should be included in base so I have no idea what this rant is about.

a lot of what you listed as ā€œpricey bitsā€ arenā€™t even the ā€œpricey bitsā€ of the premium package.

A lot of what you listed also doesnā€™t even require the premium package.

Last edited:

BillyJoeJimBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
I'll side with jcwls3 on this one. Nearly $9k is ridiculous.
For comparison the most expensive package you can add to the current Tacoma OR is about $6600 and includes similar features. The most expensive package for a new Tundra SR5 is only $7800 and includes even more like load leveling air suspension.
At the very least give us more options or combinations. It would be great to have functional features like MTM without getting all the worthless crap like digital rearview mirror, moonroof, or an overpriced freakin Bluetooth speaker (I already have one that was far cheaper, dont we all?).
Not sure the pricing, or at least the lack of options, is really defensible. I think Toyota just knows they can gouge us because the Tacoma is so sought after (this coming from a Toyota fanboy thats been driving them for 20 years).
Sorry for the rant, just honestly disappointed in so much about this truck and the roll out.

Last edited:

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
They are already starting to show up online......Who wants a $54K SR5? The distributors are going to go overboard with this crap.

2024 Tacoma SOP (Production) Dates & Options/Packages/Pricing List for all 2024 Tacoma trims Screenshot 2023-12-01 113849

2024 Tacoma SOP (Production) Dates & Options/Packages/Pricing List for all 2024 Tacoma trims Screenshot 2023-12-01 113914
Sponsored