Sponsored

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Since most manufacturers use common wiring harnesses across their lineup, I went hunting for unused connectors in my Sport+.

In the front right fuse box under the hood, I found a spot for the inverter relay. I don’t have an inverter, so my plug was empty. However, peering through the hole next to it there was a bundle of white and black wires that appear to be of sufficient gauge to power an inverter, but they are not connected to anything. Just wrapped together. I will investigate further.

In the front left fuse box, I found a 50A fuse that was labelled “TIRE INFL”. After some searching, I have found no explanation. I am a little bit hopeful it is for the tire inflator that might come with higher end models. I will see if I can find a corresponding connector somewhere. Not sure if there is something behind the drivers console for a switch

Behind the right rear seat is a connector that goes nowhere. It has several large wires. Might be useful. I will investigate further.

Possibly some unused connectors under the right rear seat. A blue one caught my eye. Not sure what it’s for.

Another black connector near the rear bumper. Not the Aux connector that has been discussed. Another one. Not sure what the deal is there.

I’m still going to keep looking for more. I’d love to get a wiring diagram for this truck.

Anyone else found some possible points to add undelivered options or possibly places to obtain power for other gadgets? I’m sure there are goodies under the steering wheel area and possibly tucked in behind the taillights.

2024 Tacoma Found power connectors / wiring / fuses of interest / wires of interest in the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen IMG_1474

2024 Tacoma Found power connectors / wiring / fuses of interest / wires of interest in the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen IMG_1468

2024 Tacoma Found power connectors / wiring / fuses of interest / wires of interest in the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen IMG_1482

2024 Tacoma Found power connectors / wiring / fuses of interest / wires of interest in the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen IMG_1479

2024 Tacoma Found power connectors / wiring / fuses of interest / wires of interest in the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen IMG_1484
Sponsored

A&P Mech

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma
Nice work. I find it interesting that there are no dust caps on those connectors. You are right though, would love to eventually get a wiring diagram for the 2024s. Have one for my 2000 Tacoma. Valuable info not only for modifications but for troubleshooting.

Xencer

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4X4
The chief engineer said that the trailhunter air compressor will be available as an accessory for non trailhunter trims. Toyota will also be selling the billet upper control arms and many other accessories from the TRD pro model and trailhunter models.

dkichenside

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
Anyone know if there is a connector for an Electric Tonneau cover in the bed?

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
Tire inflater connector is under the rear driver seat trim. Maybe 10awg

Want-a-taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Didn't find a trailer brake controller connector by any chance? I want a TRD OR, and can't get them with the brake controller. The TRD Sport has it, but adds cost and removes other features I want.

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Anyone figure out how to purchase the tire inflator? I've been searching EVERYWHERE for it.

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
The chief engineer said that the trailhunter air compressor will be available as an accessory for non trailhunter trims. Toyota will also be selling the billet upper control arms and many other accessories from the TRD pro model and trailhunter models.
Do you remember seeing where he said this? Thanks.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Wow! I already want to trade in for a TRD PRO!

slater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma sr5/2wd, white
I just have an SR5, would be cool if there’s already wiring harnesses upfront for let’s say additional floodlights….

Windsor

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
It would be really nice to be able to plug in a brake controller when towing 6400 pounds . My TRD sport has no provision for a brake controller . My 2006 , 2010 , 2016 and 2020 Tacomas had a plug for my aftermarket brake controll . Nobody can find it on the 2024 . Let us know if you can find it
Sponsored