Sponsored

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Lots of solar octane love here, but not surprised it’s not more popular in the “real world”. The kind of people who frequent car forums are exactly the kind of people who are more inclined to get an interesting colour.
Sponsored

GTOJUDGE

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'88 4Runner, '70 GTO Judge,'05 GTO, '21 Charger
Yep ~ trying to find Sport premium, 4x4, 6 ft long bed, in Blue Crush …. 🌮🦄

Good Luck with that, I wanted S.S. Red Off Road with a 6' bed with the Premium Package. I was led to believe by my then dealer to be patient. I was on a list 12 deep for Tacomas in Dec 2023. I checked around to other dealers and was all told the same. We only get what Toyota sends us we can't request. The chances of you getting what you want is slim. They are not building many. I utilized the then working site for allocated Toyotas and found 3 in my region. I called my then dealer and asked they do a trade. They were pissed I called those dealers, I told them well, you weren't searching for me, I want that particular configuration. All 3 were sold. I looked and looked until my patience wore thin.

Another dealer began looking for me and informed me it's unlikely I would get what I want and to consider a switch. This is why I call what Toyota's doing is engaging in a Bait and Switch Operation. You build your vehicle and present it to a dealer and as in my case, it's very slim I will get what I want so you get pissed and switch and settle for something else. This is a hell of a way to treat customers.

I then learned insurance for me on that Off Road would be $2,000/year. Another quote at $2400. For a 66 year old with spotless record with same insurance company 51 years. I did yet one more regional search and NOT a single 6' bed in S.Red is found. I ordered a Limited in S.R. and my 2nd dealer did a trade for one. It is built and in transit for pick up end of June. There are no 6' bed premium packages destined for the region of PA I am told. Not in Red or Blue Crush. I just did another Regional search and 994 Tacomas there are no SS.Red of B.C 6' beds with the premium package listed.

Incidentally my closet dealer has close to a dozen Tacomas, all vanilla in configurations and mostly white SR, SR5s. They've been sitting going 2 months. First time I ever ordered a vehicle from factory and had to go through the bullshit Toyota is engaging in.

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma Sport
Good Luck with that, I wanted S.S. Red Off Road with a 6' bed with the Premium Package. I was led to believe by my then dealer to be patient. I was on a list 12 deep for Tacomas in Dec 2023. I checked around to other dealers and was all told the same. We only get what Toyota sends us we can't request. The chances of you getting what you want is slim. They are not building many.
yeah, it has been quite an ordeal 😅 Placed a deposit today on a blue crush sport premium 4x4 with a 6 foot bed… It’s over a 20 Hour drive to the dealership and the wonderful sales woman there let me know that she had sold a few already to out-of-state buyers… I have a Vspec with a temporary VIN and the build date of 6–17… I sold my Miata yesterday and now it’s time to get busy at selling the 2012 Gen2 Sport long bed to help pay for the new one

No markup on the ‘24 and saleswoman said she would pick me up at the airport and take me to the dealership ⭐

Not at all like the lack of service I’m seeing here with some of the dealers in the bay area including one I have a deposit with… they can’t be bothered to give me a call back.

Glad to have kept searching for my 🛻 build and hope it all works out in the end 🤞🏼