Sponsored

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
New user here, wanted to give an update on the call I got from my dealership today.
Im first on the waitlist for a trd off road with the hybrid max, $1000 deposit in since they first dropped the press release.
He said they still don’t have details on much but they anticipate getting them very soon.
I told him I wanted a premium trim, basically fully loaded in a few specific colors and I was perfectly willing to wait as long as it took for one to get allocated since toyota doesn’t do custom orders.
That’s when he dropped the bombshell. Apparently One Toyota of Oakland is one of 3 dealerships that has been selected to pilot the Toyota custom ordering platform. He said it’s a brand new system and he doesn’t have all the details yet but when the configurator gets released online I should built a couple trucks to the specs I want and send to him and I should be able to order that exact truck when the hybrids come out.
obviously I was ecstatic and had to share with you all.
Thank you, I just contacted them.
Sponsored

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Question for those who have successfully placed deposits:

Did it require multiple attempts/contacts with the dealership (e-mails/texts/visits) to procure a slot or leave a deposit?

*If you're following this thread, I apologize for my constant whining, but despite numerous e-mail exchanges with Toyota of Rock Hill, SC, and sending the General Mgr (with whom I've been corresponding with) my official Toyota build sheet request, I'm not garnering a response...hence my question.*

{They are far and away the easiest and most convenient dealership in my area and state, so rather than look elsewhere in the Charlotte area, I'm trying to use them vs. a NC dealership in the area, although there are many.}

Thanks,
--Slipstream

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Did it require multiple attempts/contacts with the dealership (e-mails/texts/visits) to procure a slot or leave a deposit?
Not in our case. My wife and I walked in, made our wishes known, talked with the sales adviser and then the new car manager, and plopped down a refundable $1,000 deposit -- first in line for a Trailhunter, second for a TRD Pro. That was a month or two ago.

We had no prior relationship with the dealership. They've been very easy to work with so far. The sales adviser was nice enough to reach out to me yesterday with a rough timeframe for delivery.

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Placed my deposit today. I added it to the tracking sheet.

$1000 Deposit. Reliable Toyota in Springfield MO. Paying MSRP

Created a Preferred Build sheet with the dealer, for a Tacoma Sport in Bronze Oxide as first color choice.

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
I paid deposit in June. I have now added to the list

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Placed my deposit today. I added it to the tracking sheet.

$1000 Deposit. Reliable Toyota in Springfield MO. Paying MSRP

Created a Preferred Build sheet with the dealer, for a Tacoma Sport in Bronze Oxide as first color choice.
I'm friends with their finance guy Adil. I bought my Fj Cruiser at Reliable before moving to Colorado.

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
I'm friends with their finance guy Adil. I bought my Fj Cruiser at Reliable before moving to Colorado.
They seem really nice and willing to work with me. We built out my preferred options and color choices. They mentioned that if one of their allocations come in that I do not like, they can work with another dealership to do an allocation trade.
My neighbor has had a great experience with them as well.

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
My local (Rock Hill, SC) finally took my $1000 deposit for a TRD Offroad/Full Premium package/Underground color.

Despite being a large dealership in the Charlotte, NC area, the salesman told me I was first in line there (for the 24 Tacoma).

The salesman had no information on allocation or timing of a potential delivery date, other than showing me how the dealership “requests” my specific configuration in the system.

Here in the 21st century, one would think that if building and buying online isn’t yet a reality, one could at least build your vehicle online, select a dealership, and get a ballpark date of arrival at the dealership of choice…

Last edited:

darshan1992

First Name
Darshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Just posted my name on the waitlist.
I put a $1000 deposit at Sherwood Park Toyota in Edmonton, Canada. Still haven't gotten any calls for delivery estimate or order confirmation etc
Edit: Deposit was made at the end of August

G-Note

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Camry
Posted my name on the waitlist. $500 deposit at Toyota Town in London, Ontario, Canada. TRD Pro, had to give three colour choices.

Estimated wait is 10-12 months

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Added Preorder.. 1st on List for Pro @ local dealer, no ADM

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Wait, did you move from Springfield as well? If so super small world. We moved to CO in 2018 from Springfield. Also previously bought a car from Reliable and my current Tacoma from May Motor Company I believe. Small dealer but they had exactly what I wanted at that time for what I believe now was a great price. We used to camp a ton in NW AR and Mark Twain. That’s what got our feet wet with camping/overlanding.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Wait, did you move from Springfield as well? If so super small world. We moved to CO in 2018 from Springfield. Also previously bought a car from Reliable and my current Tacoma from May Motor Company I believe. Small dealer but they had exactly what I wanted at that time for what I believe now was a great price. We used to camp a ton in NW AR and Mark Twain. That’s what got our feet wet with camping/overlanding.
Haha yes sir. I moved out here in 2011. My wife went to high school in some small towns near Stockton lake, met after high school and she was moving here for college so I followed her. I still go back to see my dad and friends. Also, I’ll be attending Moore Expo here in a few months to get to visit with friends as well. Small world! I don’t miss the mindset in that part of the country, but when I travel back to go camping it sure feels like home.

oh yeah and I bought the Fj at Reliable when it was a year old. 19,800 bucks for a year old vehicle with less than 40k on the clock. Times have changed! They are confident they can get me my truck (a buddy works there) because of dealership size. I just thought it would be kind of cool to buy from the same dealer again.
Sponsored