Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Hands-On First Impressions! (Dealer Walk Through)

Admacleod

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hey folks. New user here, and I'm a scumbag that works at a dealership.
Just kidding. I like to be transparent, and I actually didn't mark up my one of three tacoma in the country yesterday. Got what I deserved for doing that and Toyota took it from us.

Anyway, first impressions on it.
There is a credit card key, just like a tesla! I didn't take a picture of it because I'm dumb, but it exists!

Everything about the truck is a million times smoother than the last gen of tacoma. It isn't stiff, it doesnt feel like a brick. For better or for worse, toyota did fix that!

The passenger now has not one but TWO "oh shit" handles! And the removeable speaker is just so cool.

Lets talk obvious downsides. Number #1, price. Toyota did it. They made the tacoma as expensive as the canyon, colorado, and ranger. It sucks. Was it worth it? We'll find out.

#2!!! The engine. I was VERY concerned about how the 4 cyl would stack up to what we know and love(or hate) about our current taco's! It. Is. AWESOME. It starts GREAT. It feels GREAT at speeds. It doesn't feel like I'm challenging my vehicle. Is it bulletproof? Cant say.

Final thoughts:
They put time and energy and effort into making the new truck. I've gotten the pleasure to drive the middle of the road. It's expensive. Toyota is only making the expensive models right now and as a guy at a dealer, they'll only be doing that for a while. It kinda sucks, but I'm excited to see what the iForce Max feels like. For now, happy trails folks!

Sponsored

stokes32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Did you guys sell the truck to a customer? I wasn't sure what you meant when you said that Toyota took it from you.

OP
OP

Admacleod

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Did you guys sell the truck to a customer? I wasn't sure what you meant when you said that Toyota took it from you.
Within 2 hours Toyota received an inquiry from an auto show in Grand Rapids to showcase the vehicle. Toyota bought it back from us as of said time frame. One customer got to drive it, but he was more interested in the future with iForce Max.

Its a TRD thang

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma
Within 2 hours Toyota received an inquiry from an auto show in Grand Rapids to showcase the vehicle. Toyota bought it back from us as of said time frame. One customer got to drive it, but he was more interested in the future with iForce Max.
They just buy things back and do that? Lammme

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Toyota is only making the expensive models right now and as a guy at a dealer, they'll only be doing that for a while. It kinda sucks, but I'm excited to see what the iForce Max feels like....
fair enough, and on that note of the expensive models: any updates from Toyota on ETA of iForceMax units?

Mini Tundra sounds about right. Hoping for a full-ish midsize. In North America that = compact.

Last edited:

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Just kidding. I like to be transparent, and I actually didn't mark up my one of three tacoma in the country yesterday. Got what I deserved for doing that and Toyota took it from us.

There is a credit card key, just like a tesla! I didn't take a picture of it because I'm dumb, but it exists!

Everything about the truck is a million times smoother than the last gen of tacoma. It isn't stiff, it doesnt feel like a brick. For better or for worse, toyota did fix that!

The passenger now has not one but TWO "oh shit" handles! And the removeable speaker is just so cool.

Lets talk obvious downsides. Number #1, price. Toyota did it. They made the tacoma as expensive as the canyon, colorado, and ranger. It sucks. Was it worth it? We'll find out.

#2!!! The engine. I was VERY concerned about how the 4 cyl would stack up to what we know and love(or hate) about our current taco's! It. Is. AWESOME. It starts GREAT. It feels GREAT at speeds. It doesn't feel like I'm challenging my vehicle. Is it bulletproof? Cant say.

Final thoughts:
They put time and energy and effort into making the new truck. I've gotten the pleasure to drive the middle of the road. It's expensive. Toyota is only making the expensive models right now and as a guy at a dealer, they'll only be doing that for a while. It kinda sucks, but I'm excited to see what the iForce Max feels like. For now, happy trails folks!

Final thoughts:

any idea when hybrid allocations begin?
Sponsored