Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Going to the Texas state fair auto show in a couple of weeks..... I was hoping I would be able to sit in one but it's sounding like that will not happen based on builds not happening till Dec 1st

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
Going to the Texas state fair auto show in a couple of weeks..... I was hoping I would be able to sit in one but it's sounding like that will not happen based on builds not happening till Dec 1st
Haha. Yea I bet they will have it there all locked up in the outside pavilion they always set up.

2024 Tacoma Videos: 2024 Tacoma TRD OFF-ROAD Interior & Exterior Hands-On Reviews at Detroit Autoshow 2024-tacoma-inventory-search-data-spreadsheet

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
I know the backseat is going to stink for my purposes. But when the testers and reviewers don’t even want to get in it, that is telling. The only two decent mid-size backseats for adults on the new trucks are the Gladiator and Ridgeline.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha. Yea I bet they will have it there all locked up in the outside pavilion they always set up.
UGH!! It's been probably 10 years since I have been to the auto show there so it will be all new to me again. I missed our local one this year so wanted to catch this one.

Saw you mention the back seat.... at the introduction there were several that did rear seat tests.... while it looked better than the current one, it's not great by any means.... I'm sure I'm going to be disappointed but I am hoping that it will be enough that I can make it work..... won't know for sure till I get in there. I am a big guy so I always test the backseat to see how comfortable I would be.

2024 Tacoma Videos: 2024 Tacoma TRD OFF-ROAD Interior & Exterior Hands-On Reviews at Detroit Autoshow Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 8.27.23 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know the backseat is going to stink for my purposes. But when the testers and reviewers don’t even want to get in it, that is telling. The only two decent mid-size backseats for adults on the new trucks are the Gladiator and Ridgeline.
I can't stand the ridgeline center console.... otherwise I think it would be about perfect for what I want....of course MPG not any good

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
I’m hoping some sort of raised seat and raised roof voodoo added a couple inches of actual leg room, even if feet have to go under the front seat. Any extra space would help. Otherwise I’ll keep my gargantuan Tundra.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
If you catch the placard in any of the videos it says that rear recovery hooks are an option on the off-road. Hoping they're referring to the ARB bumper.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If you catch the placard in any of the videos it says that rear recovery hooks are an option on the off-road. Hoping they're referring to the ARB bumper.
If I can build out a trd off road to be nearly identical to the trailhunter, but for less, then I'll gladly trade in early and not wait for the hybrid. I bet the hybrid only nets an extra 2 mpg over non anyways. Ideally I'd prefer the hybrid, but my current lease will be up 1-2 months before their release, and I've already extended by 6 months...

paulbdotcom

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD
They forgot TRD stickers on the right side :)
Sponsored