Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Some leaked images of the Tacoma from a yet-to-be published Toyota page show the headlights, front fascia and side profile. This seems to confirm the coil spring rear suspension with a hint of the trailing arms.

[Update] Toyota sent info to select media with an odd embargo time stamp of 5:10am EST. Could this odd time reference be a hint? Perhaps 510 refers to 510 Nm, or 376 lb-ft of torque .... for the 2.4L turbo I4 hybrid i-Force Max?

For reference, the Toyota Crown Hybrid MAX 2.4-liter turbo I4 hybrid produces 332 lb-ft of torque @ 2,000 rpm.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Leaked Images Show Headlights, Grille, Hood + Coil Spring Rear Suspension 2024-toyota-tacoma-silhouette-1
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Leaked Images Show Headlights, Grille, Hood + Coil Spring Rear Suspension 2024-toyota-tacoma-silhouette-2
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Leaked Images Show Headlights, Grille, Hood + Coil Spring Rear Suspension 2024-toyota-tacoma-silhouette-3
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Leaked Images Show Headlights, Grille, Hood + Coil Spring Rear Suspension 2024-toyota-tacoma-silhouette-4

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Leaked Images Show Headlights, Grille, Hood + Coil Spring Rear Suspension 2024toyota-tacoma-silhouette-4
Sponsored

Last edited:

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Hummm.... unpublished page.... there seems to be a lot of mentions of 4:00PM today on social media..... is there still a chance we will see it today?

OP
OP

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Update: Toyota sent additional info to select media, but with an odd embargo time stamp of 5:10am EST.

Could this odd time reference be a hint? Perhaps 510 refers to 510 Nm, or 376 lb-ft of torque .... for the 2.4L turbo I4 hybrid i-Force Max?

For reference, the Toyota Crown Hybrid MAX 2.4-liter turbo I4 hybrid produces 332 lb-ft of torque @ 2,000 rpm.

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
Update: Toyota sent additional info to select media, but with an odd embargo time stamp of 5:10am EST.

Could this odd time reference be a hint? Perhaps 510 refers to 510 Nm, or 376 lb-ft of torque .... for the 2.4L turbo I4 hybrid i-Force Max?

Works for a Toyota dealer, saw the truck in December 2022 and new Land Cruiser Prado. PMed him about it too last month. He answered my questions in good faith. We'll see if it's true.

References to TRD Pro

I usually don't like putting a source on the spot due to NDAs, but I need you guys to have some transparent answers from someone at least.

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
wow toyota all that hype for this kinda reveal. literally a teaser for a teaser...

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
I would expect the i-force max to have over 400lbft. All the current T24 hybrid powertrains are transverse and don't really translate to the TNGA-F platform. The Tundra/Sequoia use an MG with 48hp. I doubt the Tacoma (and 4Runner) unit will be any smaller. That gives it 184lbft of added torque. The V35 in the hybrid appears to be de-tuned slightly, to roughly the level as the SR V35. the T24 in the a 87Oct tune for the 6000lb highlander (same GVW range as the Tacoma) makes 310lbft. Even derated 20%, and MG torque added, that makes 432lbft. That alone would beat out the max number for the '23 Colorado. Horsepower would come in at 265+48=313... again, class leading. This would also correlate the power ratings for the standard powertrain, coming in slightly below the Ford counterpart, but the Hybrid posting the segment top numbers.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Well, are we expecting another teaser tomorrow or what?
I hope you are right. Is there any significance to tomorrow/today that would make you think there would be one other than it's a week later? :unsure:

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I posted this last night, so we got what we are getting for the week I’m afraid.

I hope you are right. Is there any significance to tomorrow/today that would make you think there would be one other than it's a week later? :unsure:

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, I unfortunately messed up once again and I should know better. The information from the dinner conversation I had back in February should've been interpreted literally and not the way that I did it by filling in the blanks myself, quite carelessly.

The particular individual at Toyota who coyly alerted me to the first key date on the Tacoma press launch, said this specifically:

"So...what are you guys doing with the Ranger? We'll be making a press announcement on the new Tacoma the first week of April! Can't tell ya the exact date! Are you guys gonna beat us to it on the Ranger?"

That was our key conversation at a restaurant in Troy, MI during a double date and my spouse immediately silenced me on that subject (regarding Ranger). I've never seen her again and haven't been able to reach her. My other means of doing so, ring invasive. Anyway, I took the date and ran with it of course, without being 100% certain it was a full on reveal vs press announcement.

I devised from that they would start a teaser campaign sometime in March (they started 03/23), but the dragging out of this out wasn't something I hoped they would stupidly redux.

Back in late Jan to mid-Feb, I was a bit obsessed for 2-3 weeks in predicting Toyota's reveal trajectory for this calendar year. This is why I interpreted the week of April 3rd as similar to the 2023 Corolla GR in Q1 2022 (revealed April 1st). Fill in the blanks essentially on my end...

She didn't necessarily say, we'll have a big photo spread and full reveal. I made it seem like that unfortunately and I apologize for it. She turned out to be dead accurate, but I clearly missed the context of what she said.

Some online stranger has mentioned another date, which my cousin shared with me last month. The lady said to him she's Toyota personnel herself and according to my cousin, she dismissed April as full reveal back in March. He told me and I admit, I wanted to write it off.

Maybe that one has more concreteness to it? I'm not certain, just casually sharing. That date might not be fact. Late June 2023 is what she stated and stood firmly by according to him. I guess we'll see. It's why I logged in right now, after just chatting on the phone with him.

The May 10th reveal theory some folks have, I'm not certain of. Toyota's HQ campus confidential was a venue I was convinced since late 2022 until that February 14th dinner date. It was because, last year I had been told that the Tacoma would be revealed in the spring and I considered June 1st to still be spring, typically when Toyota has a huge gathering of the press at their Plano, TX HQ. I admit the mention of early April threw me off back in February and forgot Toyota loves to do overly drawn out teasers. I just didn't understand why they made a big deal of the announcement of another damn teaser. Did certain leaks trigger last minute delays?

I understand why Toyota wouldn't want to reveal in early April, when the start of production date for this truck has been well known as December 2023 and only as of October/Nov, have I been seeing November 1, 2023 SOP date at some suppliers. Toyota don't want to reveal it more than 6 months before market launch I guess.

That's the deal with the 2024 Ranger. Unlike the F-150 being revealed 5-6 months ahead and in spite of global reveal in 2021, to keep it under wraps until less than 4-5 months to market. It's pointless in my opinion with the Ranger, but Tacoma I understand in order to maintain current sales.

I am hoping that late June date he shared with me, isn't the truth. Sounds like every Tuesday as I feared, will just be a continued drip feed over the next many weeks.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
That was our key conversation at a restaurant in Troy, MI during a double date and my spouse immediately silenced me on that subject (regarding Ranger). I've never seen her again and haven't been able to reach her. My other means of doing so, ring invasive. Anyway, I took the date and ran with it of course, without being 100% certain it was a full on reveal vs press announcement.
She must have really been mad. Sorry to hear you've separated....:p:D

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
She must have really been mad. Sorry to hear you've separated....:p:D
Eh, not exactly. That was the Toyota lady actually, not my "spouse" who is Ford personnel like me and directly a Tacoma competitor per assignment to T6 Fords. I work with "larger" and America's Numero Uno.

Not many people at work know about my marriage anyway, to guard our private lives (some of what I've said online can expose my identity).
Sponsored