Leaked MPG ? [2024 Tacoma Trailhunter]

Jlanetaco

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Land Cruiser
Just noticed this in a youtubers video. Says average of 15.8 mpg on a trailhunter. Do what you want with that information...
2024 Tacoma Leaked MPG ? [2024 Tacoma Trailhunter] 1696349824263
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
And with only 198 miles on it, this is definitely just a demo vehicle. As stated, not known how many times it's been started or how long it's been running at idle. Classic misdirection/misleading post with little to no valuable info.

OP
OP

Jlanetaco

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Land Cruiser
And with only 198 miles on it, this is definitely just a demo vehicle. As stated, not known how many times it's been started or how long it's been running at idle. Classic misdirection/misleading post with little to no valuable info.
not trying to mislead anyone. Simply saw a bit of info that seemed interesting and shared it.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
The Canyon AT4 gets 16 mpg both highway and city apparently. That’s hella inefficient, and probably why you don’t see too many out in the wild. My 2001 Dodge Ram 5.9L gets 12 mpg currently. That iForce hybrid on a Taco will be a great balance of MPG & HP, where it lands on the TH w/options & your final payload while traveling is another story…

Desert4G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
If there is anything to take from this. It will probably be a "worst" case senario to fuel economy. I'm sure it had a lot of short distance driving, demo setup and start ups from media. If the Tundra can get 19 the Tacoma can only improve.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
The Canyon AT4 gets 16 mpg both highway and city apparently. That’s hella inefficient, and probably why you don’t see too many out in the wild. My 2001 Dodge Ram 5.9L gets 12 mpg currently. That iForce hybrid on a Taco will be a great balance of MPG & HP, where it lands on the TH w/options & your final payload while traveling is another story…
Don't know where you are getting that number unless you are looking at a ZR2 or AT4X. EPA numbers for a AT4 are higher than that and people are reporting 21+ MPG. Also I can not even get a test drive for a Canyon since they are all presold at the 2 dealers near me.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Don't know where you are getting that number unless you are looking at a ZR2 or AT4X. EPA numbers for a AT4 are higher than that and people are reporting 21+ MPG. Also I can not even get a test drive for a Canyon since they are all presold at the 2 dealers near me.
was surfing around youtube and saw Raiti's Rides did a walkthrough on an X, claimed it only got 16 mpg. No idea how reputable he or the claim is. But I definitely raised an eyebrow when I heard 16 mpg and a $58K price tag /of the rigs the Trailhunter will compete against, but if the iForce TH can clear ~23 mpg highway in an off-road kit, possibly they went with the 33s and the 2" Old Man Emus to land on a decent MPG. If the TH iForce gets ~16 highway I'll be pretty bummed.

time stamp ~8:50 in on the vid

Last edited:

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
was surfing around youtube and saw Raiti's Rides did a walkthrough on an X, claimed it only got 16 mpg. No idea how reputable he or the claim is. But I definitely raised an eyebrow when I heard 16 mpg and a $58K price tag /of the rigs the Trailhunter will compete against, but if the iForce TH can clear ~23 mpg highway in an off-road kit, possibly they went with the 33s and the 2" Old Man Emus to land on a decent MPG. If the TH iForce gets ~16 highway I'll be pretty bummed.

time stamp ~8:50 in on the vid

Yeah the AT4x and ZR2 get crap mileage with the larger tires and 3" lift. Regular AT4 will get a lot better.

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Tundra ISE, 2012 CT200h, 2015 NX 200t
Chevrolet Colorado MPG - Actual MPG from 1,691 Chevrolet Colorado owners (fuelly.com) The other thing with the Toyota is which engine and where were they driving it, mules are run hard and put away wet.

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
Just noticed this in a youtubers video. Says average of 15.8 mpg on a trailhunter. Do what you want with that information...
1696349824263.png
Imagine all the idling that truck has been doing.

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
1696349824263.png
MPG is subjective, though... Depends on a lot of different variables. Take my 2013 Victory CrossCountry Tour (yes, I know, it's a bike...not a truck), for example. Big bike, 900lbs dry weight. I've gotten anywhere from 20mpg up to 40mpg depending on how I was driving. I've even managed to crack 50mpg (going by the "instant mileage") for a short period of time.

I just look at it like this... The best I've ever gotten in my 1999 Ford Ranger was 20mpg - and that was on a flat stretch with a tail wind while driving conservatively. I probably average 12-13mpg. I was just watching a video that estimates the Tacoma will get a combined average of 23-27mpg and even if it's on the low end, that's still gonna be a hell of a lot better than what I've got now!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
My 23 Tundra doesn’t show my lifetime mileage average. It resets every time I start the truck. Theres no way I would make any assumption of a mileage pic. Mine can go from 2.5 to 22 on any given trip.
Sponsored