Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Software Anomalies

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Haha yah I tried that few weeks ago thought I could trick it. Nope goes blank.
Sponsored

slater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma sr5/2wd, white
I'm been having some software issues too
2024 Trd Off Road... About 3 times now I've gotten the rear seat belt icon stuck on the screen it could be there for 5 minutes or until I shut off the car... Nobody in the back seat...

On a side note I love the truck so far but the cooling fan seems to come on all the time is this normal it could be even 2 minutes after starting... I haven't experienced this on other vehicles but if I park I can hear it turn on and off maybe twice in 5 mins ... I live in Alaska our highest temperature so far this year was 59°
20240425_214146.jpg
think it was in this thrad as well somewhere.... we are all noticing the cooling fan cycle - it is odd and frequent.
Nice work. I find it interesting that there are no dust caps on those connectors. You are right though, would love to eventually get a wiring diagram for the 2024s. Have one for my 2000 Tacoma. Valuable info not only for modifications but for troubleshooting.
I’m going to make a separate post. I’ve been a Ford mechanic for 35 years so I know a few things. I have noticed on my Tacoma when the climate control is just set on vent mode auto AC off and defrosters off, my electric engine cooling fan is on at all times along with the AC compressor cycling. I’m trying to get people to confirm by changing a setting changing this particular setting on my truck doesn’t change anything not sure if it’s a software glitch on my truck or if it’s normal operation. So basically the AC is never really off.

When I have the ac off & the defroster off along with auto off, just have vehicle air on in vent mode.
The ac compressor cycles & my electrical ENGINE cooling fan is on, & vents are blowing ice cubes so ac is actually still on.
Dealer techs didnt check it out but service writer claims thats normal, the system is designed to do whatever it takes to get you to requested temp, even though ac is off & auto is off...

Theres a guy on another forum who claims he did what I described below & now his ac functions like an old school system, vent air is just that, no ac involved, his ac compressor isnt cycling, his electric engine cooling fan isnt running...
Before he toggled that selection his truck air system operated just like mine.

Can anyone else confirm, whats happening with their trucks?

Hit the gear icon at the bottom left of the infotainment screen and then went to vehicle customizations tab,
from there there’s multiple options, lights, door control, climate, and utility, went to climate and turned off the AC auto mode operation. As its defaulted on.
The compressor still cycling, electric engine cooling fan still running
After I determined that didnt resolve the issue, I put the toggle back to default.When I have the ac off & the defroster off along with auto off, just have vehicle air on in vent mode.
The ac compressor cycles & my electrical ENGINE cooling fan is on, & vents are blowing ice cubes so ac is actually still on.
Dealer techs didnt check it out but service writer claims thats normal, the system is designed to do whatever it takes to get you to requested temp, even though ac is off & auto is off...

Theres a guy on another forum who claims he did what I described below & now his ac functions like an old school system, vent air is just that, no ac involved, his ac compressor isnt cycling, his electric engine cooling fan isnt running...
Before he toggled that selection his truck air system operated just like mine.

Can anyone else confirm, whats happening with their trucks?

Hit the gear icon at the bottom left of the infotainment screen and then went to vehicle customizations tab,
from there there’s multiple options, lights, door control, climate, and utility, went to climate and turned off the AC auto mode operation. As its defaulted on.
The compressor still cycling, electric engine cooling fan still running
After I determined that didnt resolve the issue, I put the toggle back to default.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
In my MID display I have the 3rd selection set as tpms on the left and the compass on the right. The compass stays put but the tpms goes to ECO occasionally but eventually goes back to tpms. It's a surprise every time I start the truck.
The screen display above the heater, initially when I selected setting...vehicle customization...I had no options. I've had the truck 2 weeks now and I tried vehicle customization yesterday....I now have options. Lights,locks etc. Do these trucks have over the air updates?

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
In my MID display I have the 3rd selection set as tpms on the left and the compass on the right. The compass stays put but the tpms goes to ECO occasionally but eventually goes back to tpms. It's a surprise every time I start the truck.
The screen display above the heater, initially when I selected setting...vehicle customization...I had no options. I've had the truck 2 weeks now and I tried vehicle customization yesterday....I now have options. Lights,locks etc. Do these trucks have over the air updates?
I hope they get software updates... Even just for checking tire pressure I can't find a spot to put it that it doesn't disappear

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
If you have the Limited trim with "AVS - Adaptive Variable Suspension" there is a "Custom" setting but it will not let you change or modify it. The controls are locked and do not work.
Sponsored