Sponsored

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
Haven’t seen this posted anywhere yet. Do I spy a long bed?

https://tfltruck.com/2023/05/spied-is-this-a-2024-toyota-tacoma-trailhunter-prototype/

Spied: Is this a 2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter Prototype?
Andre SmirnovMay 1, 2023
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter Prototype Spied with Possible Long Bed 2024-toyota-tacoma-trailhunter-proto-1-1024x718
Here we have a few more detailed shots of what appears to be the upcoming 2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter. The 2024 Tacoma is all-new, but this prototype shows several very interesting details. Let’s take a close look.

2024 Toyota Tacoma
The next Tacoma is rumored to be based on the TNGA-F platform that also underpins the new Toyota Tundra, Toyota Sequoia, and the Lexus LX (among other Toyota vehicles around the world). This means it is likely hiding a multi-link rear coil suspension and a new powertrain under the hood.

This prototype may be the all-new Trailhunter model that Toyota teased a little while ago. The Trailhunter model is planned to be an overland-focused trim level. It is not meant to replace the TRD Pro, which will continue. The Trailhunter model is meant more for slower rock crawling and handling heavier payloads. It should also showcase many partner parts such as steel (or metal) bumpers, different wheels/tires, a roof rack, a bed rack, a bed-top tent, and more.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter Prototype Spied with Possible Long Bed 2024-toyota-tacoma-trailhunter-proto-1024x718
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter Prototype Spied with Possible Long Bed 2024-toyota-tacoma-trailhunter-proto-front-wheel
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter Prototype Spied with Possible Long Bed 2024-toyota-tacoma-trailhunter-proto-doors
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter Prototype Spied with Possible Long Bed 2024-toyota-tacoma-trailhunter-proto-rear-wheel

The prototype appears to have a snorkel-type air intake and a roof rack. More interesting is that it also appears to be a long-wheelbase version of the next Tacoma. Just look at the rear of the cab to the rear axle length.

What do you think?
Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Looks like the one we saw a couple of weeks ago in another place. Looks very long for sure. I use to think I would for sure go with a longer bed... with it looking so long though I think I would have to drive it and see what I thought. I had a full size truck before what I currently have and think it might be difficult to go back to something to long.

OP
OP

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
Looks like the one we saw a couple of weeks ago in another place. Looks very long for sure. I use to think I would for sure go with a longer bed... with it looking so long though I think I would have to drive it and see what I thought. I had a full size truck before what I currently have and think it might be difficult to go back to something to long.
Yea that’s my predicament now. I’m in a 2018 F150. Looking for something smaller but I just can’t shake this desire for a 6’ bed haha
However, I’m waiting on the Tacoma, Ranger, & 4Runner reveal before pulling the trigger on anything.
I don’t need to buy but want to lol
Looking at the Wrangler 4xe and Bronco as well.
Ranger is to be revealed this month but to be honest I think it looks awful, minus the Raptor version looking better but the wait and dealer markup will be too much for me to swallow I’m sure.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Yea that’s my predicament now. I’m in a 2018 F150. Looking for something smaller but I just can’t shake this desire for a 6’ bed haha
However, I’m waiting on the Tacoma, Ranger, & 4Runner reveal before pulling the trigger on anything.
I don’t need to buy but want to lol
Looking at the Wrangler 4xe and Bronco as well.
Ranger is to be revealed this month but to be honest I think it looks awful, minus the Raptor version looking better but the wait and dealer markup will be too much for me to swallow I’m sure.
Same boat as far as waiting to see what the Ranger offers, but I am hoping to make a decision by year end or early the next year at the latest.

The Wrangler 4xe and Bronco are interesting for sure. I don't do any off roading so if I end up going SUV it will be Highlander/Pilot, possibly something else.... time will tell.

OP
OP

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
Same boat as far as waiting to see what the Ranger offers, but I am hoping to make a decision by year end or early the next year at the latest.

The Wrangler 4xe and Bronco are interesting for sure. I don't do any off roading so if I end up going SUV it will be Highlander/Pilot, possibly something else.... time will tell.
I do not do offroading either, i live in WI :) our forest roads are like normal roads out west haha Which is why i was looking at the Sahara or Outer Banks vs a Rubicon or Bronco with the SAS package. i don't need all the offroad stuff, it would be a pavement princess 99% of the time. I just like the removable top for summer and LOVE the looks of the Bronco.
I do "truck stuff", mainly camping, but nothing I can't do with a utility trailer. Sold our pontoon, if we get a camper it'll be a pop up... the itch is getting bad with all this teasing and waiting.