Sponsored

Brunson

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Explorer
DM Sound reviews the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen 10-speaker JBL Sound System. Nice to see a review focusing solely on the audio system/

Sponsored

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
I find it crazy it ranks better than my harman kardon system in my subaru, thats great

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I thought it was interesting as well that this guy had a truck when no one else seems to have had that opportunity? Haven’t seen any other videos with anyone driving the truck (alone) on the road….nice to get that perspective though.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
I find it crazy it ranks better than my harman kardon system in my subaru, thats great
I traded in a Subaru with Harmon kardon on on 24 ORP. It is NOT a better system. I added a beat sonic amp and it sounds much better now, but still doesn’t have the bass I had in my forester.

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback
Oh that's pretty sucky. I have a 2021 Outback Touring and the system sounds insanely good for a stock system. I was the one day new truck would be as good or maybe better.

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
Odd it doesn't have sub controls or a separate channel for the sub. Does that mean it's just powered off the rear speakers? i wonder how much power that little sub can handle and how hard it would be to install a dedicated amp for just that

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Odd it doesn't have sub controls or a separate channel for the sub. Does that mean it's just powered off the rear speakers? i wonder how much power that little sub can handle and how hard it would be to install a dedicated amp for just that
I don't think just adding an amp to the subwoofer would help much. It simply doesn't have enough displacement to really boom. You'd need a new sub design and there's not a lot of space behind that seat to do much to improve displacement.

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
I don't think just adding an amp to the subwoofer would help much. It simply doesn't have enough displacement to really boom. You'd need a new sub design and there's not a lot of space behind that seat to do much to improve displacement.

Eh that's kinda what I was wondering. Oh well throw the beats sonic amp in and call her day whenever mine shows up. It's probably plenty for my 3 yr old to freak out 😂

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
Oh that's pretty sucky. I have a 2021 Outback Touring and the system sounds insanely good for a stock system. I was the one day new truck would be as good or maybe better.
thats the one i have, 2022, the guys review says the truck is better, i guess we'll both find out someday

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I have the JBL system in my 2024 TRD Sport. It has a lot of punch with the sub, but the sound is heavily weighted toward the front esp. with the removable speaker. I was thinking the rear door speakers were not even on, until I sat back there. I think the problem is that , with this truck, you've got the rear door speakers firing near the floor, so the sound gets lost, unless you're back there. I did the sound leveler thing, but it didn't really improve things. What would be great is speakers in the rear headrests that are firing to the front. That would really help with the balance.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
Most vehicle "Premium" sound systems focus more on slapping a punch name on it than actually having good audio performance. It is nice to hear some of the things that have been mentioned about the care taken with this sounds system.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
That is kind of what I was thinking as reading this. The Tacoma just doesn't have a lot of interior space for the subwolfer. It will be interesting to see how that all differs with the 4Runner since it will have the sub in the back cargo area.
Sponsored