Sponsored

Jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
[ADMIN EDIT]

"A hidden side pocket on the driver’s side dashboard has a QR code that directs owners to the Toyota website for dimensions to design and 3D print their own accessories such as a lantern, multitool, or toolkit."

ORIGINAL POST

The 2024 Tacoma interior has an easter egg on the driver's side which I found on various pics/videos. It's a round cover panel on the very left side of the dash. I saw it on the TRD PreRunner and the TRD Pro.

I figured out the Morse Code means "Accessory Ready" but what is it? The panel looks like an easily removable cover but to what.

Any guesses?

2024 Tacoma 3D Print 2024 Tacoma Accessories - Using QR Code / Morse Code Side Pocket Easter Egg prerunner-2024-tacoma-accessory-ready-easter-egg-3

2024 Tacoma 3D Print 2024 Tacoma Accessories - Using QR Code / Morse Code Side Pocket Easter Egg prerunner-2024-tacoma-accessory-ready-easter-egg-2

2024 Tacoma 3D Print 2024 Tacoma Accessories - Using QR Code / Morse Code Side Pocket Easter Egg easter-egg-3d-print-accessories-side-pocket-morse-code

2024 Tacoma 3D Print 2024 Tacoma Accessories - Using QR Code / Morse Code Side Pocket Easter Egg prerunner-2024-tacoma-accessory-ready-easter-egg-1
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Mackieallan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ranger
"A hidden side pocket on the driver’s side dashboard has a QR code that directs owners to the Toyota website for dimensions to design and 3D print their own accessories such as a lantern, multitool, or toolkit." - 2024 Tacoma press release :)

The QR code was apparently missing in the test vehicles since the website isn't live yet. I wonder if Toyota will allow users to upload CAD files for others to choose from. If not, you can bet there will be a 3D CAD files thread here!

OP
OP

Jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
"A hidden side pocket on the driver’s side dashboard has a QR code that directs owners to the Toyota website for dimensions to design and 3D print their own accessories such as a lantern, multitool, or toolkit." - 2024 Tacoma press release :)

The QR code was apparently missing in the test vehicles since the website isn't live yet. I wonder if Toyota will allow users to upload CAD files for others to choose from. If not, you can bet there will be a 3D CAD files thread here!
Ah mystery solved! I should've read the PR more carefully lol. Thanks for updating my post Admin.

This could be a great option since they'll have exact specs for printing. That larger under seat area is prime for some storage accessories.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
So......I need to stock up on PTEG now I guess.

Mr24Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
So, hello everyone. While I don't own a tacoma, I am a huge fan of them. I worked at Fox Factory for a few years and also had the pleasure of working at Toyota. Specifically, I worked on some of the upcoming EVs as well as the new tacoma.
The hidden Easter egg door on the driver's side IP was something that I designed. The idea was that you could 3D print custom doors or purchase "kits" from toyota/TRD or aftermarket companies that provided offroad tools, camping tools, first aid kit, A/V tools for social media influences etc. If you would like to know more, just let me know.

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
So, hello everyone. While I don't own a tacoma, I am a huge fan of them. I worked at Fox Factory for a few years and also had the pleasure of working at Toyota. Specifically, I worked on some of the upcoming EVs as well as the new tacoma.
The hidden Easter egg door on the driver's side IP was something that I designed. The idea was that you could 3D print custom doors or purchase "kits" from toyota/TRD or aftermarket companies that provided offroad tools, camping tools, first aid kit, A/V tools for social media influences etc. If you would like to know more, just let me know.
Make a whole new thread we want to know more!

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Please do share. I have been curious about that, as it doesnt appear to have much space inside of it.
Sponsored