Sponsored

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Hey all, I was finally able to get my video together on the choice of product, the process and final results of coating my Taco with a 5 year Graphene Ceramic. Let me know if you have questions and I hope you find it interesting!

Also I'm curious, which thumbnail do you think is best for this video?

A.
2024 Tacoma 5 Year Graphene Ceramic Coating on my TRD Off-Road (Celestial Silver) - Full Process Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 7.13.41 PM

B.
2024 Tacoma 5 Year Graphene Ceramic Coating on my TRD Off-Road (Celestial Silver) - Full Process Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 3.04.54 PM
Sponsored

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium
Thanks for another informative upload Ben, always enjoy watching your videos.

How will ceramic coating normally hold up against the dust and dirt from mild off roading?

OP
OP
beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Thank you I appreciate that. It'll hold up great especially if you wash your vehicle after. From the last 4 vehicles I've used it on that's not a problem at all. Now it won't prevent it protect against scratches though. It might make it easier to buff out light scratches, but won't prevent them.

I hope that helps!

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Great Video. I'm going to try these products. I'll use your code. I would go with B. A limits your audience more to Tacomas. I would even remove the "Any good for Tacoma" tag line and just make it about the product.

OP
OP
beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Great Video. I'm going to try these products. I'll use your code. I would go with B. A limits your audience more to Tacomas. I would even remove the "Any good for Tacoma" tag line and just make it about the product.
Thanks I appreciate that. Can you me on favor? If you do use a link/code from DIYDetail, can you just let me know when you do? I'm new to these links and there are a fair amount of clicks, but according to their tracking no one has made a purchase. Basically, just trying to see if they actually work or on. Again, thanks for watching and the advice!

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Thanks I appreciate that. Can you me on favor? If you do use a link/code from DIYDetail, can you just let me know when you do? I'm new to these links and there are a fair amount of clicks, but according to their tracking no one has made a purchase. Basically, just trying to see if they actually work or on. Again, thanks for watching and the advice!
OK, did 2 orders. Didn't realize the kit didn't come with the ceramic applicator... pretty dumb. Anyway, I used your code on both. It basically saved me shipping, but it's something :)

OP
OP
beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
OK, did 2 orders. Didn't realize the kit didn't come with the ceramic applicator... pretty dumb. Anyway, I used your code on both. It basically saved me shipping, but it's something :)
Thanks I appreciate it. It did come through on my end too. Thank you! I'm glad it saved you something. My kit did have the applicator, but I bought a second one just in case I dropped it on the floor or something. Let me know how it turns out!

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Any tips you can give on applying the coating? You mentioned leveling it out. Not sure what you mean by that. This will be my first time. Also, did it only take one bottle of the coating to do the truck? I think it comes with 3.

OP
OP
beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
@bking

One bottle should cover the vehicle. I had some left over.

When you put the coating on, you put a few drops on the applicator pad. Then they recommend you make a box around a small area, 2x2 or so, and then use circles to fill that section in. On your truck, because it's black you'll see an oil slick on water effect/rainbow when that starts to dissipate it'll be ready to level with the short nap towel. It should feel like there's no resistance at all, if there is resistance, let is sit a little longer. It shouldn't be more than a couple mins though. Basically, leveling, levels the coating, so you don't have high spots, those look like smears and they won't come off after the coating cures. The you use the fluffy red towel to buff the area and move on to the next area. If you want to keep the towels, be sure to soak them in a bucket with a little detergent and then wash them right away. Otherwise, they'll have coating on them for any future uses.

I recommend watching DIYDetails videos on this, it'll really help you feel more comfortable with it.

These are both good. Neither shows using panel prep, but you just spray that on and wipe it off after polishing or after it's dry if your paint doesn't need to be polished.

Last edited:

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Thanks. Looks like they're sold out of all the kits now. Hopefully because of your video and you can get some sponsored videos :). Mine shipped this morning. Appreciate the help

OP
OP
beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Thanks. Looks like they're sold out of all the kits now. Hopefully because of your video and you can get some sponsored videos :). Mine shipped this morning. Appreciate the help
Yeah they have gotten popular for sure. I'm glad you were able to get a kit still!
Sponsored