Sponsored

A few updates from my dealer on the halos, allotments, and markups

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Autos are a low margin business, what "significant" margin are you thinking is built in for the halo MSRPs?

If you were to take a TRD OR iForceMax and build up aftermarket to a Trailhunter spec what do you estimate it'll cost additionally to arrive there, not including a voided warranty on altered suspension & drivetrain systems?
Pickup trucks have the highest margins of almost any vehicle that the major manufacturers sell. This has been a long known fact and is easily researched.

Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Pickup trucks have the highest margins of almost any vehicle that the major manufacturers sell. This has been a long known fact and is easily researched.

reddit very credible source lol.. EBIT Truck margins in the industry have stagnated at 8% bud. You’re on your way to getting ignored. Everyday I read your gripes about prices and yet you’re buying a TRD PRO in cash lmfao.

the most popular selling truck in America should account for most of Ford’s revenue, where else would it come from the Mach E?

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
reddit very credible source lol.. EBIT Truck margins in the industry have stagnated at 8% bud. You’re on your way to getting ignored. Everyday I read your gripes about prices and yet you’re buying a TRD PRO in cash lmfao.

the most popular selling truck in America should account for most of Ford’s revenue, where else would it come from the Mach E?
You're welcome to do a little research on your own but the link took you to a thread that had at least one article that was four or five years old showing it the profit margins were incredibly high. 60 minutes and lots of other news agencies have done reports on this very topic and it's only gotten worse for us and better for the manufacturers. Just remember that in any discussion the lowest form of communication is when someone attacks the messenger as opposed to trying to cite something that would conflict with what another person is presenting.

Wyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Sorry Taco bros, I jumped ship. Considering builds are just starting, unsure what things will look like with markups and availability, I just pulled the trigger on a Shelter Green Metallic Ranger Raptor at MSRP that happened to become available here in FL.

Really wanted the Trailhunter/PRO but just not looking forward to it being more expensive and waiting until one becomes available.

It is sad the ADMs going around and really hope the dealers knock it off.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Autos are a low margin business, what "significant" margin are you thinking is built in for the halo MSRPs?

If you were to take a TRD OR iForceMax and build up aftermarket to a Trailhunter spec what do you estimate it'll cost additionally to arrive there, not including a voided warranty on altered suspension & drivetrain systems?
I mean significant margin in the context of Tacomas versus the margins on the rest of Toyota's product range, where they face much greater competitive pressures. Their halo trucks just expand those margins because that's the goal of a manufacturer with its top tier trims.

I don't know what relevance a customer building up a TRD OR iForce Max to get to TH spec has to the point I was making?

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Hello. I am new to the forum. I placed a deposit on a TRD Pro yesterday.

for what it’s worth. The sales manager promised there would be no mark-ups on the Pro and TrailHunter as they are already optioned out. There is nothing else to add to them other than accessories like racks, refrigerators, compressors and such.
How many people ahead of you on the TRD pro list?

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited

DG_TRDPro

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Errr, that doesn’t sound right
I don’t really know how to reply to that. I’m just telling you what they said. I don’t know if it’s right or not. I just wanted on the list so I tossed up a deposit.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Just saying at this point in time, most dealers have a significant amount of customers on lists for the new Tacoma, Especially the Pro and TH. What city and state?

DG_TRDPro

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Just saying at this point in time, most dealers have a significant amount of customers on lists for the new Tacoma, Especially the Pro and TH. What city and state?

Louisiana.

I know they have a list for OR Premiums. They have been taking reserves since January. But I have been on them for months about the Pro. They said they were not even coming off the line until “Summer” and just told me to stay in touch.

after the price release Tuesday I text and they said they were now taking deposits for the pro and TH so I did.

Tacomaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Highlander Hybrid
I believe I saw a TRD PRO just south of Omak, Washington State today (was driving in the opposite direction)

I can’t think there was an auto show nearby. Maybe it was a test truck? Looked spectacular (white with black roof and trim)!

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Some dealers refused to take deposits on the hybrids until pricing was announced, so I can see how someone may be first on the list this week or last.
Sponsored