Sponsored

All QC Hold Released! (according to my dealer)

TacoLisa

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Don't know if I believe it or not but my dealer just told me that all the trucks on QC hold were just released and I should have mine by the end of the week. Only took them 2.5 months to move it this way. I don't know if by all the trucks he meant nationwide or if he meant the ones his dealership had on hold but if true at least it shows movement.
Sponsored

Buckleup7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I find this very hard to believe. Not just that they would release them all at once but that your dealer got info about the QC hold releasing. From everything we know, Toyota has not even told dealers that there was a QC hold.

That info pretty much comes from this forum with the help of Steve. I bet most dealers don't even know about it.

FUBRWI

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
AFAIK no dealer is able to look up this info across the entire U.S. since it operates by region. Unless they got a letter from corporate but knowing Toyota...

🤫

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I sincerely hope they're addressing the grille shutter issue with this QC hold. If that's the case, I don't see any way they just released all of them from holds.

Fiigtaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR
I'd take that with a grain of salt. When I spoke to my dealer and mention there being a hold a few weeks ago, they were like "oh yeah there's no hold, we just cant track them. Its Just toyota being toyota" and acted like I was one of those religious zealots that stand in front of courthouses.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I sincerely hope they're addressing the grille shutter issue with this QC hold. If that's the case, I don't see any way they just released all of them from holds.
I was told it is a wiring harness issue. Probably bad connectors. This came from a Service manager with a Toyota tech friend at the local port who is doing the work.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
I'd take that with a grain of salt. When I spoke to my dealer and mention there being a hold a few weeks ago, they were like "oh yeah there's no hold, we just cant track them. Its Just toyota being toyota" and acted like I was one of those religious zealots that stand in front of courthouses.
Heaven forbid people are steadfast in their morals and ethics eh ?

Pun intended.
Sponsored