Any Xtracab Info?

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
Does anyone have any insider information about a possible production date for the Xtracabs? It is pretty evident that Toyota hasn’t built any production trucks.

I wish Toyota didn’t ignore this configuration, but I guess I should be happy they are going to offer one at all. It’s pretty much Nissan and maybe Toyota Who will still offer an extended cab.

I would never consider a 2wd, so I’m not asking about the Prerunner. I would be interested in an SR5 Xtracab that I could mod as I see fit.
Sponsored

Xtrarad97

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
No they have built some at least. The allocation sheet has died/failed to by updated since April 8th I assume Toyota figured out how to block the stream of information. Anyways I got one ordered through a dealership a sr5 4x4 and tracking is available through the dealership rep. They have built my truck and it has allegedly hit long beach so hopefully in under a month I should have one. I am not happy about getting a truck so new in production, but I also like you apparently wanted a newer two-door midsize truck. Well someone crashed into me (I'm all right) and made me move up my timetable for getting one. Anyways production for xtracabs was supposed to have been started in March. Mine was built at the very beginning of April. Regardless they're supposedly 16 other SR5's and 6 Prerunner's all of which I expect to start arriving at dealerships this month. That ignores the dozens of SR xtracabs I didn't keep track of and all that been allocated since April 8th and the tracker was no longer live. When I get my truck I'm sure I'll take pics for this form, but Toyota has started production I do agree that it feels they are ignoring the xtra cab for the most part though, but for all we know they might ramp up production a whole bunch and it become more common especially if there are other people like us. I do wish they made the 14 inch screen available with the Xtracab/sr5 and I would have paid to have an off-road xtracab but what can I say.

OP
OP
907Yota

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
Thanks. You had more info than my dealer. He was in the dark on Xtracabs.

So far I’ve seen pics or videos of three. The underground Prerunner, the white SR, and a red SR5. (All were preproduction)

I’d like to see one in person and see how easy (or hard) it is to put stuff behind the seats.

I would pay for the upgrades like soft Tex, nicer audio, and bigger screen. But such is life.

Xtrarad97

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Thanks. You had more info than my dealer. He was in the dark on Xtracabs.

So far I’ve seen pics or videos of three. The underground Prerunner, the white SR, and a red SR5. (All were preproduction)

I’d like to see one in person and see how easy (or hard) it is to put stuff behind the seats.

I would pay for the upgrades like soft Tex, nicer audio, and bigger screen. But such is life.
Yeah I am going out on a limb not seeing one irl yet, but I test drove a 4 door and the 8 inch screen while pitiful with its bezels will serve the job well till I can hopefully swap it myself. It wasn't a death blow I thought it might be and I don't need need a big screen. The interior is nice and I think Toyota did a good job finding the balance between new and yet practical. I am very picky on interiors on vehicles some just look weird or too much or too cheap and I really liked the interior in person more than I thought I would. The small sr5 instrument cluster doesn't even bother me I quite like it it's just obvious with the giant gas and oil temp gauges that they are filling in from the upper spec and that they want you to think you cheapend out. I think the JBL mini speaker is a gimmick but nicer audio would have been appreciated. I don't think I would have gotten soft tex even if I had the choice I just wish the sr5 had the two tone as an option like the prerunner. My biggest disappointment is the absence of a rear locker /leaf springs and the black fender flares of the prerunner/off road Much rather 4x4 with limited slip than 2wd with locker, but still... Regardless I am not an extreme off roader of any kind so I will survive. I got OEM 24 off road wheels I plan to swap on and I will try hyper/plastic dipping the sr5 fender "flares", but if it doesn't turn out good I will probably just buy some rough country flares or try to find a dealership willing to give me part numbers for the OEM flares in gloss black. I hope it rides well with leaf springs. I have sat in and drove 3rd gens at work and the 4th gen was completely different and I liked where I was positioned and the spacing. That should be the same but the drive felt so much different/nicer/modern/smooth than the 3rd gens I think the brand new coils were carrying the experience pretty hard and I hope the 2 door feels almost as nice. Should on open road at least hopefully.

Coloradonomo

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nuthin. Borrowing wife's suv.
I have been scouring for this info too. I keep flipping between xc sr5 and prerunner. I really want a 6' bed and the xtra cab look evokes memories of my 80's Mazda SE-5, "Sakes alive". I really loved that truck.

As far as the screen size goes, yeah the bezels make it look like a 2010 Kindle, but from what I understand the larger one doesn't get you more screen area with CarPlay. It looks like the same resolution.
Sponsored