Sponsored

Door pull rubber detachment fix

n118nw

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Oct 27, 2023
Threads
18
Messages
204
Reaction score
233
Location
San Antonio TX
Vehicle(s)
Taco Supremium
1791479502928-4z.webp

(not my picture)

Didn't see a post on this yet so I thought I'd like to start one with potential products in gluing the rubber door pull back in its place and then people can post whether or not they've had any luck with it or alternative products. I'm well past warranty and quite frankly couldn't be bothered to argue with my dealership for a goodwill replacement. To hold the rubber in place I wrapped the handle with velcro.

-Shoe Goo: Sucked for me. Adhered great to the plastic, didn't even stick to the rubber.
1791479301280-kx.webp


-3M 08008 Black Super Weather-Strip Adhesive. So far after a week of repairs this seems to work better.
1791479473719-yp.webp
Sponsored

 

gmalkmus

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Nov 17, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
173
Reaction score
192
Location
SW Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2025 Tacoma TRD Offroad 6MT, 2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I thought the fix was to bitch and moan about it online and then waste time going to the dealer to complain some more!

Jk, I'd do the exact same thing. Glue it back and be done with it.
 
 






Top