Sponsored

First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
For starters, I’ve been a long time lurker on the Tacoma4G page since we started seeing Spy Shots of the all new Tacoma. I’ve previously been on the Integra and Civic Forums for quite some time but never created an account until recently for the Tacoma one.

When I first saw the Prototype one in person I was in Awe of how it looked. I was at the Miami International AutoShow for the press day and they had a Solar Octane Tacoma in the TRD Off Road package. Unfortunately since that model was a prototype I was not able to sit in the interior but I was able to get up close and personal with the exterior of the model. My co worker has a 3rd gen TRD Pro and when I drove it for the first time I fell in love with it and understood the hype around TacomasI’ve always loved Toyota Pickups since I first saw ‘Back To The Future’ Toyota Hilux.

Now Yesterday was my first time seeing the 4th gen Tacoma after 5 months. The trim this time around was the SR5 which previously would have been the trim I’d get until I saw the TRD Sport. Even for an SR5 it looked great. It had a black on black color with the silver finished wheels. The whole blacked out appearance actually looked really nice minus the ‘4x4’ being in Chrome. The fit and finish was really good, even better then my Honda HR-V which is also built in Mexico.

After walking around the exterior it was time to see the interior. First thing I want to say the Door handle in the new Tacoma feels very thick and solid feeling compared to 3rd gen. Before I even saw the Tacoma I opened a 4Runner and the door handle was a little too light for my liking. The door panel section felt very and I mean very solid. There was absolutely no creaks throughout the door panel and the interior. The base Cloth seats felt very comfortable and it was also nice to see a power operated lumbar support which my $30k honda doesn’t come with. Even though I am young, I do need lumbar support after working in a Warehouse for years. I’m a tall person at 6 feet and have ample amount of headroom. Mind you this model did not come with the sunroof package but for anyone that’s 6’ 5” should fit comfortably in the new model. The steering wheel was super nice for an SR5 model as well since most competitors offer steering wheels with no pho leather. Button placement was also very nicely laid out and I love how Toyota continues to off physical knobs for the climate control. Once again the whole interior is very solid. Jiggled some parts around and they didn’t even move an inch.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to use the touchscreen as the vehicle was off and I had no keys but it had the standard touchscreen display. I will note that I do not like how small the volume control was for this screen setup. The placement of the 14 inch screen was better.

Getting to the back seat. The door panel felt good as well and was solid. Of course the soft touch materials up front wouldn’t carry to the rear but nonetheless sturdy and solid. Legroom was pretty tight and I had put the driver seat in the position that I would naturally sit. I had about .5 inches of leg space left which isn’t great but I understand why given that the rear seats fold for more storage space in the truck. Headroom though was amazing once again. Large cutouts for the top so the passengers would have lots of room.

So far, I’m loving the overall design and packaging of the 4th gen. I hope to be able to drive one soon to get an idea of how the Powertrain feels. I’m currently seeing if I could get the 6th Gen 4Runner or get a 4th gen Tacoma.

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_8159

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_8166

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_8167

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_8168

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_8160

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_8161

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_8162

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_8163

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_8165

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_3530

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_3531

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_3532

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_3533

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_3534

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_3535

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_3536

2024 Tacoma First Time Seeing a Production 4th Gen Tacoma After Seeing a Prototype Version! IMG_3537
Sponsored