Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
The EPA released the MPG numbers on the 2023 Colorado yesterday. 20/25/22 for the 2wd and 19/23/21 for the 4wd. I expected better but the added a lot of weight to it. I am hoping the new Tacoma's can beat these.

Capturejklh.JPG
Yeah, apparently this is for the base 'tune' also. So the 236HP (or whatever it is), likely the 310 HP will get less. I was actually surprised that it got better MPG than the old one if I remember correctly. I was sure it was going to be down since GM has not been saying anything about MPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
I was figuring gm wasn't gonna be good in mpg with how big that 4 cylinder is. its got the same displacement as fords 2.7L ecoboost V6. I'm thinking Toyota will a little better then GM with their 2.4L in mpg.

OP
OP

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
I'm seeing a new date with Donlen and another fleet website of September 1, 2023 Start of Production for MY 2024. Donlen is usually in line with many of us OEMs, but I'm not certain if that means a moving forward of SOP and thus earlier launch in fall 2023.

I've also seen November 1, 2023, but I've known December 2023 to be the more official 920B SOP since Q3 2021. Unless Toyota considers themselves well ahead of schedule and are ready to shift production to MY 2024 after August.

OP
OP

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
I'm trying to be more responsible with my commentary on developments, but I'm personally convinced that reveal is Tuesday, May 16, 2023, ahead of the Thursday, June 1st HQ Confidential in Plano.

I was clued into this by a kind user privately on the 12th and I missed that hint he gave me of mid-May.

Trob20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I'm trying to be more responsible with my commentary on developments, but I'm personally convinced that reveal is Tuesday, May 16, 2023, ahead of the Thursday, June 1st HQ Confidential in Plano.

I was clued into this by a kind user privately on the 12th and I missed that hint he gave me of mid-May.

That makes sense because toyota would be able to have the first drive during HQ Confidential. They like to have the reveal and then the first drive at a later date.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
the 16th lines up perfectly with the Overland Expo West on the 19th.
That makes sense because toyota would be able to have the first drive during HQ Confidential. They like to have the reveal and then the first drive at a later date.
The 16th makes sense. I’m very confident we can see a version of it at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff on the 19th. The biggest overland show in the world, and Toyota has an overland trim launching. That’s where they had early Sequoias as well.

Last edited:

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
Is it to early to be calling dealerships to order a 2024?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it to early to be calling dealerships to order a 2024?
Not to the ones I have spoke to, they are ready to take a deposit and get your spot in line. Of course they have told me it's not an actual order process, it is based on you get to see what is coming in their allocation and get to pick from that.

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
Not to the ones I have spoke to, they are ready to take a deposit and get your spot in line. Of course they have told me it's not an actual order process, it is based on you get to see what is coming in their allocation and get to pick from that.
I talked to one salesman and he had no clue about ordering or deposits. I’m gonna call another one today.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to one salesman and he had no clue about ordering or deposits. I’m gonna call another one today.
That is one thing I can not stand is when you know more than they do....let me rephrase that..... when you know more and they want to act like they know more and you know what they are telling you is wrong.

I was at the dealer that I will probably end up going with and was impressed that the guy gave us a guess at something but when he came back out from getting the keys he was like 'oh and I checked on that question, the correct answer is...' t least he is trying to be good at his job. :)

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
That is one thing I can not stand is when you know more than they do....let me rephrase that..... when you know more and they want to act like they know more and you know what they are telling you is wrong.

I was at the dealer that I will probably end up going with and was impressed that the guy gave us a guess at something but when he came back out from getting the keys he was like 'oh and I checked on that question, the correct answer is...' t least he is trying to be good at his job. :)
I agree, very frustrating.

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
Does this sound right or should I find another dealer?

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma (4th Gen) 920B Inside Info - Development, Ordering, Production, Availability F2762AE8-8E5C-480E-9E43-8B9714921C59