Sponsored

Heads-Up Display (HUD) on 2024 Tacoma - Like/Dislike?

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
I know there's a few Limited owners here already but this is the first photo I came across showing what it looks like on the 24 Tacoma. I posted all the pics of this celestial silver limited here.

Can any of the owners who have used it here comment on how they like it?

2024 Tacoma Heads-Up Display (HUD) on 2024 Tacoma - Like/Dislike? celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-12

2024 Tacoma Heads-Up Display (HUD) on 2024 Tacoma - Like/Dislike? celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-8

2024 Tacoma Heads-Up Display (HUD) on 2024 Tacoma - Like/Dislike? celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-9

2024 Tacoma Heads-Up Display (HUD) on 2024 Tacoma - Like/Dislike? celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-10

2024 Tacoma Heads-Up Display (HUD) on 2024 Tacoma - Like/Dislike? celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-13
Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I know there's a few Limited owners here already but this is the first photo I came across showing what it looks like on the 24 Tacoma. I posted all the pics of this celestial silver limited here.

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-12.jpg

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-8.jpg

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-9.jpg

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-10.jpg

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-13.jpg
FYI, that dash light with the three rear passengers unbelted stays lit for a few seconds after you start the car. You may have to even move it out it in drive for it to go away. I was checking everything back there trying to get it to go out yesterday and it finally did after I placed it in drive and drove off.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I hope people with limiteds love it! I wish it was offered on TRD Premium trims... I have heard with other vehicles it takes some getting used to, but most people end up liking it

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Anyone think a retrofit install of HUD will be possible on other trims?

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
FYI, that dash light with the three rear passengers unbelted stays lit for a few seconds after you start the car. You may have to even move it out it in drive for it to go away. I was checking everything back there trying to get it to go out yesterday and it finally did after I placed it in drive and drove off.
My wife's Rav4 has it and it goes away after you hit a certain speed I think.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
The HUD and DRLs are the only things I really am upset you cant get on the TRD OffRoad
I’m betting they add the HUD in a few years unless they want to keep it in the Limited as a selling point. My premium OR was about the same price as the Limited and the major differences are the HUD, electric running boards, adaptive suspension. The limited seems to come with AUTO START AND stop which I don’t care for.

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-12.jpg

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-8.jpg

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-9.jpg

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-10.jpg

celestial-silver-2024-tacoma-limited-13.jpg
Not worth it. Also there is an issue with it not staying where you adjust it. Bumps cause it to drop position.

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I love it! Allows you to keep your eyes on the road when checking your speed. I also like that it projects your GPS directions. They only issue I have had so far with mine is that you are not able to see it is you are wearing polarized sunglasses.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I love it! Allows you to keep your eyes on the road when checking your speed. I also like that it projects your GPS directions. They only issue I have had so far with mine is that you are not able to see it is you are wearing polarized sunglasses.
Yeah, that's not a Toyota-specific issue, I've seen HUDs on two other manufacturers and it's the same thing: polarized lenses negate the HUD.

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I would take it in. Mine hasn't moved since I initially set it. Not normal for sure.
I'm not going to let the monkeys working at the dealer rip my dash apart. I'll live with it, or fix it myself at some point.
Sponsored