Sponsored

Hybrid release date update (from my dealer)

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
Well spoke with my dealer here in Denver today about the hybrid OF I have a deposit down on. Was told the official release and driver date is in June! That's so lame! Guess I won't have my truck before the end of the summer.
Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Release date = Delivery Date?
What’s “driver date”?

OP
OP

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
No news to report as of yet. We are expecting to have some models plugged into our pipeline in this next allocation or so. The pricing still isn't released though. The Toyota Tacoma official launch/ride-n-drive is scheduled for the beginning of June. I hope they don't keep us waiting that long for pricing but it could be how they've planned it?

That's what my dealer told me. Ride n drive sorry not driver date. It's still early lol I hope delivery are release date are the same but I'm not holding my breath!

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
I got a feeling there are going to be a lot of dealers already with hybrids by then since the allocations are already out there with may delivery dates.

OP
OP

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
I got a feeling there are going to be a lot of dealers already with hybrids by then since the allocations are already out there with may delivery dates.
That's what I was thinking, I was kinda taken back when he told me June. And it's not a smaller dealer. I know there are many ppl that have one on order through these guys.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, German Money Pit, Rusty Toyota
A dealer a friend referred me to in PA has my name down for a 6' bed TH.

A week ago I was informed their allocation is supposedly angling for June, and they expect deliveries by August but they made it very clear absolutely nothing is concrete at this point- it could be earlier or later depending on Toyota's build schedules.

OP
OP

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
The pricing and media drives are released one week from today (April 23). Not sure what they're talking about with June?
That's what I thought I saw on here. Originally it was the other weekend with the Lc and new 4runner and then it was changed to the 23rd. Really that's the only reason I hit the dealer up to see if they maybe had my build coming up. You would think with a $2500 deposit down I would be in the loop a little better but maybe that's because I'm going through the o line sales department.

I'm not in it for a pro or TH I'll pass. Just want an Off road hybrid with the upgrade audio package or depending on price the premium package.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
ya keep expectations low when they can't put a price on a vehicle almost a year now since unveiling.

dmpplantz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The pricing and media drives are released one week from today (April 23). Not sure what they're talking about with June?
Exactly. His dealer is bs'ing(lying) to try to appease him. The truth is that his dealer just won't be able to have one for him until at least June.

OP
OP

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
Fuck yea! Just received my vin! Being built in June should be here in July sometime! TRD off road hybrid with the upgrade off road audio package and moon roof!

Livestrongroadie

First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NX300 Supra
How are guys getting these preorders in? Both my local dealers have zero information on etas or pricing.:unsure:

OP
OP

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
How are guys getting these preorders in? Both my local dealers have zero information on etas or pricing.:unsure:
I have had my deposit down since last November and have just been waiting on a list! But yes this is the next allocation of shipments for my dealer which allowed me to put my name on what I wanted

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I have had my deposit down since last November and have just been waiting on a list! But yes this is the next allocation of shipments for my dealer which allowed me to put my name on what I wanted
I’ve been locked into a $1K non-refundable on a hybrid since August 1st last year, and my dealer has no preorder or VIN. It’s random at best right now, some regions are getting a shoe in early, etc. who knows: maybe they do have my VIN & preorder ticket, but withholding info until there’s actual pricing on these high trims…if I was running a dealership I’d be in constant contact with my depositors but those preorders missing info splashed on forums like these look half-assed unprofessional missing details, LIKE WHAT THE THING ACTUALLY COSTS LOL
Sponsored