Sponsored

Integrated Air Compressor -- factory install or after sales option?

Tacocat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Looks like the Toyota.com build/spec page has been updated to have the integrated air compressor on an option on some trims. Does anyone know if this can be bought after the fact or does it have to be installed at the factory?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tacocat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Great - I've seen some of the pre-production videos and when they did the walkthrough the left side of the bed was empty in that space or had a 12v/usb plug. Tried looking at the Toyota parts website and couldn't find it.
Waiting to see the hybrids released before I make my descision/buy, so I have a bit of time...

kelsen

First Name
Kelsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
add on question to this, is the bed power convertor also able to be installed after or is that one FIO because of the wiring?

Bannedname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
I see it listed as "available" in the trim selection details but don't see anywhere that it can be added within the accessories/optional equipment - do you have a link or pic?

Romer

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
200 Series Land Cruiser
Looks like the Toyota.com build/spec page has been updated to have the integrated air compressor on an option on some trims. Does anyone know if this can be bought after the fact or does it have to be installed at the factory?
Any specifics on this compressor? I was considering a Twin ARB in the engine bay like I have in my two Land Cruisers. Looking for CFM and possible cost

OP
OP

Tacocat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Any specifics on this compressor? I was considering a Twin ARB in the engine bay like I have in my two Land Cruisers. Looking for CFM and possible cost
I have the same questions. Hoping someone can show it in action!
Sponsored