Interior spied on 2024 Tacoma - first closeup looks

lappos

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
This example has a large center screen that's clearly running Toyota's newest infotainment system. It's blended into the instrument cluster cowl, but with a fair bit of space between it and the actual gauges. It's likely that a volume knob is lurking in that space, probably about where the hole in the camouflage is. What we can see of the instrument cluster is a bar gauge, perhaps for fuel or coolant temperature. It looks like it's a simple illuminated gauge, not an LCD screen. It's likely there is a larger screen next to it to display things like speed, fuel economy and other more detailed menus.

A center console-mounted shift lever sticks around, but this one is clearly straight from the Tundra. The steering wheel seems to have come from the same source, too.

From https://www.autoblog.com/2023/02/02/2024-toyota-tacoma-next-gen-interior-spy-photos/

2024 Tacoma Interior spied on 2024 Tacoma - first closeup looks Tacoma_001

2024 Tacoma Interior spied on 2024 Tacoma - first closeup looks Tacoma_002

2024 Tacoma Interior spied on 2024 Tacoma - first closeup looks Tacoma_004

2024 Tacoma Interior spied on 2024 Tacoma - first closeup looks Tacoma_010

2024 Tacoma Interior spied on 2024 Tacoma - first closeup looks Tacoma_003

2024 Tacoma Interior spied on 2024 Tacoma - first closeup looks Tacoma_011
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
This example has a large center screen that's clearly running Toyota's newest infotainment system. It's blended into the instrument cluster cowl, but with a fair bit of space between it and the actual gauges. It's likely that a volume knob is lurking in that space, probably about where the hole in the camouflage is. What we can see of the instrument cluster is a bar gauge, perhaps for fuel or coolant temperature. It looks like it's a simple illuminated gauge, not an LCD screen. It's likely there is a larger screen next to it to display things like speed, fuel economy and other more detailed menus.

A center console-mounted shift lever sticks around, but this one is clearly straight from the Tundra. The steering wheel seems to have come from the same source, too.

From https://www.autoblog.com/2023/02/02/2024-toyota-tacoma-next-gen-interior-spy-photos/

Tacoma_001.jpeg

Tacoma_002.jpeg

Tacoma_004.jpeg

Tacoma_010.jpeg

Tacoma_003.jpeg

Tacoma_011.jpeg
Nice to see. I just wonder if this screen is the base or upgrade? Looks decent overall, I am hoping it is the base though.

FUBRWI

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
I'm glad at least it seems like the center screen is landscape orientation instead of displayed vertically. Looks so much less awkward.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad at least it seems like the center screen is landscape orientation instead of displayed vertically. Looks so much less awkward.
I agree, I am not a fan of vertical screens, however I do think the RAM is nicely integrated compared to most.

FUBRWI

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Nice to see. I just wonder if this screen is the base or upgrade? Looks decent overall, I am hoping it is the base though.
It's standard on the latest Ranger offered overseas (not sure if the US version does also) so I hope in that respect the base trim Tacoma is competitive with its competition.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's standard on the latest Ranger offered overseas (not sure if the US version does also) so I hope in that respect the base trim Tacoma is competitive with its competition.
Yeah the recent shots of the us Ranger has the vertical screen. I like that it doesn't stick out the top of the dash, but it seems to go so low in the stack. I don't see how you operate that while driving...

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/6th-gen-2024-ranger-raptor-rolling-down-map-production-line-📸.7213/

As far as saying I hope that screen is the base in this Tacoma.... I just meant it's a pretty nice size if it was a 'base' screen. I would be satisfied with it I think..... and maybe there is a slightly bigger one for higher trims

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really hope it has a better seating position
Agreed. Hopefully the cab is much improved over all. The current cab kills the truck for me and is one reason I have never considered buying one. I am really hopeful for this GEN.... hopefully I will be making a purchase. ;)

2024 Tacoma Interior spied on 2024 Tacoma - first closeup looks 2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road First Look 7 copy

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
its looking like an iPhone mounted on a wireless charger maybe Infront of the shifter. It also looks like its getting the smaller screen from the crown and refreshed highlander instead of the larger one in tundra. I hope its full of plenty buttons and we don't have to dive through menus like your gonna have to in the next gen ranger

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
Doesn't look like all the exterior photos were posted in this thread, but looking at the source, the photos suggest to potentially still be missing driver side grab handle.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I notice to the right of the shifter the material is bulged upward. I really, really hope that's a manual 4wd shifter. At least in the top 4wd models. If Toyota is truly chasing the 4wd scene again, this would be a big step.

FUBRWI

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Yeah the recent shots of the us Ranger has the vertical screen. I like that it doesn't stick out the top of the dash, but it seems to go so low in the stack. I don't see how you operate that while driving...

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/6th-gen-2024-ranger-raptor-rolling-down-map-production-line-📸.7213/

As far as saying I hope that screen is the base in this Tacoma.... I just meant it's a pretty nice size if it was a 'base' screen. I would be satisfied with it I think..... and maybe there is a slightly bigger one for higher trims
Hate to keep referring to the Tundra because I hope it's not just a smaller version of it but the Tundra comes in 8" or 14" screen sizes. I'm guessing that is what we can expect for the next Tacoma.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
Isn't there also a 12.3in, or something in that range on midsize Highlander? A 14" screen in a narrower interior Tacoma would be gigantic and almost out of place. There is also a 10.5in sized screen available in other Toyota products.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to keep referring to the Tundra because I hope it's not just a smaller version of it but the Tundra comes in 8" or 14" screen sizes. I'm guessing that is what we can expect for the next Tacoma.
To me it looks different than the Tundra screens, it looks larger than the 8" but smaller than the 14".... or at least it's in a different aspect ratio. I'm wondering if it's either a 10" screen, or a 12.3 version similar to the one in the Crown or the Highlander 12.3. I would actually prefer that to the 14" in the Tundra as I don't think that one looks very well integrated
Sponsored