Sponsored

Is it possible to modify a TRD Pro allocation?

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Ok so, I have never owned a Toyota - let alone go through the process of not being able to order the truck you want (kind of dumb seeing the partnership with ARB and all the accessories they are advertising, but I digress).

So please excuse my ignorance here...

I got my hands on an allocation for a TRD Pro yesterday, thanks @Trainer Steve Clifford for letting me know about it. Talked to the dealership and they said its mine at MSRP when it comes (will have to finance it through them to make this happen), however they would not accept a deposit from me. Anyways, the salesman sent me the build sheet yesterday and it has $5900 worth of options - some that I want and others I don't care for, but that's fine.

My only "gripe" is that its Ice Cap and not Terra. I was just never fond of white vehicles. The truck isn't built yet, obviously, so is it possible for the dealer to request a color change to Terra and the addition of the built in air compressor? The dealer said he would have to ask his manager to see if this is possible, so I was just curious and wanted to ask the community here.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Attached build sheet
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
What are the $5900 worth of options? I thought the PRO came pretty loaded as standard.

My dealer said he can possibly trade an allocation for another one in the system if I don't get the color or bed length I want. But of course there would have to be someone else out there wanting to trade as well. I don't think you can change the color of this specific allotment though.

OP
OP

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
What are the $5900 worth of options? I thought the PRO came pretty loaded as standard.

My dealer said he can possibly trade an allocation for another one in the system if I don't get the color or bed length I want. But of course there would have to be someone else out there wanting to trade as well. I don't think you can change the color of this specific allotment though.
Mud guards - $60
Roof Rack - $1199
Door Edge Guards - $155
Spray on bedliner - $575
Rigid Fog lights - White/Yellow - $700
Tailgate Insert - $99
Console Safe - $395
Integrated Dashcam - $499
Trailer Camera - $1550
Door Panel Scuff Protectors - $135
Bed Scene Lighting - $599

Really hoping they can make that color change happen since production hasn't even begun yet and changing the color doesn't really affect the flow of production if it is this early on in the process

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
Surprised the Rigid fog lights and bed scene lighting aren't standard. Hope you can figure out a way to get your preferred color!

OP
OP

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Surprised the Rigid fog lights and bed scene lighting aren't standard. Hope you can figure out a way to get your preferred color!
I think the White Rigid fog lights are standard on the TRD Pro, but if you want the White/Yellow like the TH then its an option. Same with the Bed Scene Lighting, standard on the TH but an option for the Pro.

I hope so too!

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Does that build sheet show which of those options are FIO VS PIO? Interested to see where the Ridgid and bed sceen lights are added at.

OP
OP

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Does that build sheet show which of those options are FIO VS PIO? Interested to see where the Ridgid and bed sceen lights are added at.
Yes, only the Mudguards are FIO, the rest are PIO

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
wow bed scene lighting not standard. Has me thinking most the halos will list lower than their true roped-in cost by the time it gets to the dealership, that base MSRP will be several handles higher

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
This makes me curious if Toyota is backpedaling a bit on these things because of how expensive they will be. The blowback from how high MSRP is getting might have forced their hand into making some of this stuff optional.

OP
OP

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
This makes me curious if Toyota is backpedaling a bit on these things because of how expensive they will be. The blowback from how high MSRP is getting might have forced their hand into making some of this stuff optional.
I'm unsure about this, as all of these items have been listed on the spec sheet as optional basically since they spec sheet dropped on their website. Honestly, just hoping the OTD price is less than 70k at this point lol

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
wow bed scene lighting not standard. Has me thinking most the halos will list lower than their true roped-in cost by the time it gets to the dealership, that base MSRP will be several handles higher
Yup. I'm thinking TSRP will be $57,500 + $5,900 options + 1,495 destination and you got an MSRP of $64,895

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I mean... from Sheldon: "We want to build you your Trailhunter how you want it"

Me: Ok great, So don't force a mullet bar on the bed of my truck. I have other plans for those fking rails that I paid for.

OP
OP

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I mean... from Sheldon: "We want to build you your Trailhunter how you want it"

Me: Ok great, So don't put a mullet bar on the bed of my truck. I have other plans for those fking rails that I paid for.
I really just want a TRD Pro, in Terra, Rigid Fogs - White/Yellow, Integrated air compressor, and bed scene lighting. Don't care for the rest of the options this particular TRD Pro is coming with but from my understanding, Toyota just knows what I want more than I do lol

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Dealers can send in color change requests. They often get approved but not always. Don't ask me why but it has always been that way with Toyota.

They can also make equipment change requests but that is more difficult to predict. Some options are limited by the EPA and others... well... Toyota and the distributors make money on the accessories. On your particular truck, I like that all the accessories are genuine Toyota or affiliate items. Some regions (SET and GST) will add their own crap and I'm very opposed to those.

OP
OP

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Dealers can send in color change requests. They often get approved but not always. Don't ask me why but it has always been that way with Toyota.

They can also make equipment change requests but that is more difficult to predict. Some options are limited by the EPA and others... well... Toyota and the distributors make money on the accessories. On your particular truck, I like that all the accessories are genuine Toyota or affiliate items. Some regions (SET and GST) will add their own crap and I'm very opposed to those.
I am glad that the options are all genuine accessories, thankfully, going to follow up with the dealer to see about that color change and compressor addition. Hoping for a positive first experience with this process as a new customer to Toyota!
Sponsored