Sponsored

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
We are a Tacoma family, to be specific Silver Tacomas! I came from a recent model Off Road Tacoma to my 2024 Off Road and my son had a 2019 SR5 4X4 in you guessed it, silver!. I agree with other owner's sentiments on the ride quality being much improved. Night and day! My previous Tacoma even had the Overland Torque Tune on it and this new 8 speed transmission is silk! I went with the premium trim and I love it. The tech is a bit overwhelming initially. The instrument dash is a 1000% improvement over the 3rd gen.

My Favorite upgrades over the 3rd gen

1. Rear suspension and effect on ride quality​
2. Rear disc brakes​
3. Auto Hold that holds you in position at a stop light until you hit the accelerator​
4. Electronic Parking Brake​
5. 360 view cameras with so many modes! Love the birds eye view when backing up!​
6. 14 inch infotainment screen and wireless Apple Carplay, 10 JBL speakers- FLEX removable​
7. Powered up and down tailgate​
8. Acoustic glass on front windows for quiet cab​
9. USB C chargers all around! (my iphone takes USC C) but I have some USB C to lightning cables for my slow adopting friends ;)​
10. Speed limit sign reader that shows the speed limit on the instrument panel!​
11. Safety sense 3 and the auto steer assist feature! It is really good!​
12. SoFTex heated and ventilated front seats. Also power adjustable front passenger seat! The ventilated function is ok and a bit noisy.​

The only real negative has been the dash cam. The dash cam itself is sweet, but the Toyota app is pretty bad. It is rated at 1.5 stars on the app store. It is confusing to connect and requires multiple attempts. I used a garmin previously and it was so much easier to use!

Digital rear mirror also takes some time to get used to as CATOY said. Still not using it full time. But love the home link for garage doors!

Some pics

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen 24Taco1.JPG

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen 24Taco2JPG.JPG

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen 24Taco3.JPG

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen 24Taco6

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen 24Taco7.JPG

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen 24Taco5
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was the dash cam apart of a package or was it installed by the dealership?
Distributor installed. Gulf Sates Toyota.

I asked my sales person to find me a off road premium in sliver. It has more stuff by Gulf Sates added but I was ok with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still on my first tank of gas. Currently averaging 19.9 in ECO mode city driving the entire time. Will try Normal for the next tank and then Sport. Currently tracking to 336 miles on this tank. Will try to go to 350 before filling up. Will reset the trip A odometer each fill up.

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen 24Taco8

Last edited:

Sponsored

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I was considering hauling a bike like this, but was a bit nervous when I thought about the chaos that would ensue if I accidentally hit the powered tailgate button with the bike attached. Maybe it would detect the resistance and not do anything, but what are your thoughts on hauling a bike this way on the new truck?

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
I was considering hauling a bike like this, but was a bit nervous when I thought about the chaos that would ensue if I accidentally hit the powered tailgate button with the bike attached. Maybe it would detect the resistance and not do anything, but what are your thoughts on hauling a bike this way on the new truck?
What brand is the bike ? Spring is nearly here and the trails are calling !

Armyn21

First Name
Armyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
nice ride! im a mtber my self too and i just bought a 4th gen last week! spot on the review! but mine didnt came with the mudguards and im trying to get the part # for it so i can order one. is there anyway you can get them for me? they should be in the guards it self. i would really appreciate it! thank you!

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought about the powered tailgate too, but if you did accidentally hit it you can just stop the tailgate by blocking it. I have carried two bikes (both 29'ers) at once and far and it is rock solid and don't have to mess with a hitch mount. I just changed the tailgate pad to one that allows the tailgate camera to work properly when the flap is up (LEETPIC classic for $90 on Amazon)

Carrying bikes did make the rear parking senors go nuts, so I turned them off. With the camera , I should be good backing up etc.

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen New Bike Pad

Last edited:
OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nice ride! im a mtber my self too and i just bought a 4th gen last week! spot on the review! but mine didnt came with the mudguards and im trying to get the part # for it so i can order one. is there anyway you can get them for me? they should be in the guards it self. i would really appreciate it! thank you!
I looked all over the mud guards and see no part numbers on them, sorry. I ordered a bed mat locally from a nearby Toyota dealer and they were able to look up the part based on year and vin.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can see the catalytic converter circled here. It is tucked up closer to the engine and not easy to access from underneath like the previous gen's were. A CAT shield will not be needed. I included a picture of my Gen 3 with cat shields.

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen 2024TacoCAT

2024 Tacoma My favorite 4th gen Tacoma upgrades over the 3rd gen CAT shield

Last edited:

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
Distributor installed. Gulf Sates Toyota.

I asked my sales person to find me a off road premium in sliver. It has more stuff by Gulf Sates added but I was ok with it.
I'm in the Gulf States Region. I can't find a trd off road auto with the premium pkg anywhere.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but, I really wish the 360 camera was available outside of the premium package.

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
I'm in the Gulf States Region. I can't find a trd off road auto with the premium pkg anywhere.
The North Park San Antonio Toyota salesperson was pushing a silver TRD OR with premium on me that they had on the lot yesterday versus me waiting for my Ice Cap that is on QC hold. Maybe its still there.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw the allocation spreadsheet somewhere and at least 4 dealers in DFW had the same truck in sliver coming to their dealership. Have you seen the inventory spreadsheet?
Sponsored

Last edited: