Sponsored

BillyJoeJimBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Ok Iā€™ve joined the guinea pig group of 1st model year beta testers!
1f61c.png

This is actually the third Tacoma Iā€™ve owned over the last two years, I loved my ā€˜22 M/T that I got out of for this truck but after my wife got injured at work she canā€™t drive a manual & she found the ride in the Sport a little rough. So I wanted a new one ANYWAY and justified it with that itā€™s an automatic and SOOOOOO much smoother! :p

Truck rides like butter, is exactly what I wanted, and at a price Iā€™m comfortable with. They also there the kitchern sink at this truck, not only with the top SR5 upgrade package but with the Predator sidesteps (which I like) it seems to have a very well-appointed package ... there's really nothing else I would like to see on/in the truck at delivery: it's the truck I wanted in other words!

So far the little things are impressing me:

* The app features are light years from my ā€˜22
* The digital key features like starting the truck also WORK FROM MY APPLES WARTCH!
* When you start the vehicle from the app, it does NOT stop when you opern the door, you just have to press the button one time to validate youā€™re going to drive it
* Storage & molle panels = abundance
* The phone charger actually charges my phone ā€¦ even in its case (Otterbox INCLUDED!)
* USB-C throughout, and actually located CONVENIENTLY
* The integrated/electrified locking tailgate (no more key lock)
* The cool credit card key thing
* The JBL system, I like it
* I got 26 mpg on a 75 mile trip - more driving confirms that on the truck as equipped 70mph = 26+mpg for me
* Iā€™m digging the lane keeping
* No STUPID engern stop/start malarky!
* The REAR windows are ALSO automatic down/up!
* The new wheels donā€™t have plastic bolt covers what that wiggle & fall off

Iā€™ll find more, Iā€™m only 460 miles into this new truck, but Iā€™m more than pleased with my purchase & canā€™t wait to really lean into it!

426643005_10161067987254454_5200089651797762107_n.jpg
IMG_0552.jpeg
IMG_0554.jpeg
IMG_0555.jpeg
IMG_0553.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg
Thanks for the in depth review so far! Just curious if you've weighed your truck by chance. Curious how much lighter an SR5 might be compared to an off-road. Maybe another reason your getting such great MPG (in addition to your driving skill of course :) )