Sponsored

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I'm not going to say anything negative about anyone's choice of what they drive. It's their money, I know what I want.
I will, šŸ˜†. Though I agree with your statement I am not shy about the 2nd and 3rd gen shortcomings.
The seating position to the weird shifting and the fact that it loses out in every category the 4th gen improved on made it a non starter for me. Watch 3rd gen values plummet over the next couple years, once the word gets out how much better the 4th gen is.
Sponsored

apryakhin

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
@dvolman93 Do you have any type of bed cover on your truck already? If yes could you please share the link or details on which one you are using? I have exact same short-bed 2024 and can't find any suitable cover yet.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
@dvolman93 Do you have any type of bed cover on your truck already? If yes could you please share the link or details on which one you are using? I have exact same short-bed 2024 and can't find any suitable cover yet.
The bed cover I have is the one I bought for my 2021 Tacoma. Now it does cover the entire open part of the bed BUT it doesnā€™t fit the entire width of the bed. It doesnā€™t go over the plastic black part on the sides of the bed. It does job for now because I need it for next month. I didnā€™t want the dealer to have to when I spent $700 on it. Once theyā€™re available Iā€™ll sell it and the proper one. I got mine from Rough Country.

apryakhin

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Thanks, okay it seems the most optimal way for me now is just to wait. My only concern about the rain/water to get inside the bed. I live in CA and rains aren't that often but they happen. It's my first truck and I am not sure how resistant the bed is to the rain. I have a composite bed liner..etc.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Thanks, okay it seems the most optimal way for me now is just to wait. My only concern about the rain/water to get inside the bed. I live in CA and rains aren't that often but they happen. It's my first truck and I am not sure how resistant the bed is to the rain. I have a composite bed liner..etc.
Iā€™m in CA too. Southern CA where we get a lot of rain once or twice a year. But itā€™s a truck so itā€™s okay. Just keep it clean after it rains. The cover is great for traveling. But even with a cover a little water still gets in. Not an insane amount. More like a glass of water spilled in it.

Hare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
The bed cover I have is the one I bought for my 2021 Tacoma. Now it does cover the entire open part of the bed BUT it doesnā€™t fit the entire width of the bed. It doesnā€™t go over the plastic black part on the sides of the bed. It does job for now because I need it for next month. I didnā€™t want the dealer to have to when I spent $700 on it. Once theyā€™re available Iā€™ll sell it and the proper one. I got mine from Rough Country.
Would it be possible to get a pic? I am in the same boat and have not been able to measure the 24 vs my 21 to see how it would fit.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Would it be possible to get a pic? I am in the same boat and have not been able to measure the 24 vs my 21 to see how it would fit.
So you can see that the cover does go over the sides or back of the truck. When it was on my 2021 Tacoma it covered the sides completely. So I got some rubber tubing and stuffed it in the open space between the cover and truck. This is fine for now until I can my hands on one built for the truck. Iā€™m sure I can sell this once for a good amount. Like I said, I just didnā€™t wanna give it to dealer for what I paid for it. We got some rain a couple of weekends ago and after it stopped I checked and water didnā€™t get in as much as I thought. But Iā€™m going on a trip next month and I wanted to put my luggage in the back without worrying about strapping it down.

2024 Tacoma My Full Owner's Review (2024 Toyota Tacoma) IMG_0668

2024 Tacoma My Full Owner's Review (2024 Toyota Tacoma) IMG_0667

2024 Tacoma My Full Owner's Review (2024 Toyota Tacoma) IMG_0666

2024 Tacoma My Full Owner's Review (2024 Toyota Tacoma) IMG_0665

Hare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
Thank you very much for the picks. The cover I have sits on top of the rails as well so looks like I am toast. I had enquired with the company that I had bought the hard tri fold cover from and they list it as fitting both.......now I am not sure. Once again thank you for taking the time to post the pics. Greatly appreciated šŸ‘

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Thank you very much for the picks. The cover I have sits on top of the rails (looks like yours did as well but hard to tell) so until I can measure the inside of the sides to compare to two years I believe I will be toast. I had enquired with the company I had bought the hard tri fold cover from and they list it as fitting both.......now I am not sure. Once again thank you for taking the time to post the pics. Greatly appreciated šŸ‘
Yeah my cover sits right on top of the rails that hold it up. Toyota has one for sale if you wanna drop $1,200. Iā€™m going to wait until the company I bought mine from makes them. Iā€™m not concerned about water getting in but more so to keep things from flying away.

apryakhin

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
@dvolman93 I apologize which cover Toyota has on sale? Is that an older cover or cover for 2024 model? I transport surfboards..usually 2-3, so I just don't want them to get stolen. Cover doesn't really prevent it but makes it impossible to see what's inside and makes it's slightly harder to get them.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
@dvolman93 I apologize which cover Toyota has on sale? Is that an older cover or cover for 2024 model? I transport surfboards..usually 2-3, so I just don't want them to get stolen. Cover doesn't really prevent but makes it impossible to see what's inside and makes it's slightly harder.
I was told by someone that they sell it but I havenā€™t actually seen it myself. Sorry. I should have mentioned that.

Hare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
Yeah my cover sits right on top of the rails that hold it up. Toyota has one for sale if you wanna drop $1,200. Iā€™m going to wait until the company I bought mine from makes them. Iā€™m not concerned about water getting in but more so to keep things from flying away.
I will have to wait as well. $1200 US is $1620 CAN plus the ridiculous tax on it which brings it up to $1830 vs $599 if I wait.....

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey man , loved your review of the truck last month. Curious if you had any updates , things you love ? Things you hate? I am coming from a 2021 F150 I will be picking up my OR Premium this coming Friday. Little nervous about sizing down, and I love the tech of my ford. The lane assist in the ford is awesome. I don't tow or haul and rarely have the kids with me in my truck. We have Sienna for family trips. Those are the main reasons I am willing to downsize. Tundra does not look good to me and the appeal of a smaller more nimble truck is interesting to me. I think I will enjoy the Tacoma. Interested in your thoughts. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Hey man , loved your review of the truck last month. Curious if you had any updates , things you love ? Things you hate? I am coming from a 2021 F150 I will be picking up my OR Premium this coming Friday. Little nervous about sizing down, and I love the tech of my ford. The lane assist in the ford is awesome. I don't tow or haul and rarely have the kids with me in my truck. We have Sienna for family trips. Those are the main reasons I am willing to downsize. Tundra does not looks good to me and the appeal of a smaller more nimble truck is interesting to me. I think I will enjoy the Tacoma. Interested in your thoughts. Thanks
Hey. Thanks for asking for update. So far Iā€™m still loving the truck. There are some minor bugs in the trucks software for the cluster but itā€™s mainly just the screens changing on their own from how you set it up. Itā€™s a small thing that bugs me but Iā€™m sure once more people make noise about it theyā€™ll update the software. In 5 days Iā€™ll have had the truck for a month and so far I canā€™t say anything negative about the truck. I swapped out the air filter for the TRD air filter. Finally got my all weather mats. Iā€™ve tried to keep an open mind and not be bias and find the negative but I canā€™t. Iā€™m learning more about how the harnesses work with the AUX switches that come pre-installed and pre-wired thought out the truck. Tacoma has always been a good truck. Iā€™ll be leaving on a tip to northern Arizona this Friday so Iā€™m excited to see how that trip is as far as comfortability and how the truck holds up and the MPG. I donā€™t have an issue with the size of the truck. Iā€™ve got small children so it works. And my wife has a Telluride so thatā€™s the family car. Lot of people ask me why I just didnā€™t get the Tundra. My response is always the same ā€œIf I wanted the Tundra I would have gotten the Tundra.ā€ But people donā€™t understand how us Tacoma guys are. Glad to hear youā€™re going from a FORD (Find On Road Dead) to a Toyota. Youā€™ll be happy. Itā€™ll definitely outlast the Ford.

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey. Thanks for asking for update. So far Iā€™m still loving the truck. There are some minor bugs in the trucks software for the cluster but itā€™s mainly just the screens changing on their own from how you set it up. Itā€™s a small thing that bugs me but Iā€™m sure once more people make noise about it theyā€™ll update the software. In 5 days Iā€™ll have had the truck for a month and so far I canā€™t say anything negative about the truck. I swapped out the air filter for the TRD air filter. Finally got my all weather mats. Iā€™ve tried to keep an open mind and not be bias and find the negative but I canā€™t. Iā€™m learning more about how the harnesses work with the AUX switches that come pre-installed and pre-wired thought out the truck. Tacoma has always been a good truck. Iā€™ll be leaving on a tip to northern Arizona this Friday so Iā€™m excited to see how that trip is as far as comfortability and how the truck holds up and the MPG. I donā€™t have an issue with the size of the truck. Iā€™ve got small children so it works. And my wife has a Telluride so thatā€™s the family car. Lot of people ask me why I just didnā€™t get the Tundra. My response is always the same ā€œIf I wanted the Tundra I would have gotten the Tundra.ā€ But people donā€™t understand how us Tacoma guys are. Glad to hear youā€™re going from a FORD (Find On Road Dead) to a Toyota. Youā€™ll be happy. Itā€™ll definitely outlast the Ford.
Fantastic to hear! Been a long time Toyota guy , I just went with Ford for 0% financing and give them another shot. I love the truck but I do not trust it past 50K miles. That's why I am moving on. My favorite truck I ever had was a 04 Tundra Access cab. About the same size of a new Tacoma. I have 3 kids that will be getting their Drivers License in the next 4 years. So this next truck needs to last , ill be buying their cars not me new ones haha.. A couple months (8) back my parents needed to borrow my truck for the weekend. So I took their 2023 Camry and I loved how agile it was, I could park anywhere , couple kids can fit in the back and the MPG was way better than my 17 in my ford. So thought to myself man if it only had a bed. Fast foward through many test drives with the 23 Tacoma and 24 Tundra. I just didn't love the look of the tundra , and it's huge I really want a smaller vehicle. I liked the 23 Tacoma just needed updated. But I loved the tech inside the tundra so I really feel 24 Taco is the best of both worlds for me. If I'm going on short trip I can throw a couple kids in back and they will survive for an hour or so. When traveling far we take the Sienna anyways. How is the lane centering on the Tacoma? the wife's Sienna is not very good but its also a couple versions older. its a 21 Sienna. Excited for Key Card and all the tech.
Sponsored