Sponsored

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
Ok I’ve joined the guinea pig group of 1st model year beta testers!
2024 Tacoma My new 2024 SR5 4x4 Toyota Tacoma! Owner review & MPG figure 1f61c

This is actually the third Tacoma I’ve owned over the last two years, I loved my ‘22 M/T that I got out of for this truck but after my wife got injured at work she can’t drive a manual & she found the ride in the Sport a little rough. So I wanted a new one ANYWAY and justified it with that it’s an automatic and SOOOOOO much smoother! :p

Truck rides like butter, is exactly what I wanted, and at a price I’m comfortable with. They also there the kitchern sink at this truck, not only with the top SR5 upgrade package but with the Predator sidesteps (which I like) it seems to have a very well-appointed package ... there's really nothing else I would like to see on/in the truck at delivery: it's the truck I wanted in other words!

So far the little things are impressing me:

* The app features are light years from my ‘22
* The digital key features like starting the truck also WORK FROM MY APPLES WARTCH!
* When you start the vehicle from the app, it does NOT stop when you opern the door, you just have to press the button one time to validate you’re going to drive it
* Storage & molle panels = abundance
* The phone charger actually charges my phone … even in its case (Otterbox INCLUDED!)
* USB-C throughout, and actually located CONVENIENTLY
* The integrated/electrified locking tailgate (no more key lock)
* The cool credit card key thing
* The JBL system, I like it
* I got 26 mpg on a 75 mile trip - more driving confirms that on the truck as equipped 70mph = 26+mpg for me
* I’m digging the lane keeping
* No STUPID engern stop/start malarky!
* The REAR windows are ALSO automatic down/up!
* The new wheels don’t have plastic bolt covers what that wiggle & fall off

I’ll find more, I’m only 460 miles into this new truck, but I’m more than pleased with my purchase & can’t wait to really lean into it!

2024 Tacoma My new 2024 SR5 4x4 Toyota Tacoma! Owner review & MPG figure 426643005_10161067987254454_5200089651797762107_n
2024 Tacoma My new 2024 SR5 4x4 Toyota Tacoma! Owner review & MPG figure IMG_0552
2024 Tacoma My new 2024 SR5 4x4 Toyota Tacoma! Owner review & MPG figure IMG_0554
2024 Tacoma My new 2024 SR5 4x4 Toyota Tacoma! Owner review & MPG figure IMG_0555
2024 Tacoma My new 2024 SR5 4x4 Toyota Tacoma! Owner review & MPG figure IMG_0553
2024 Tacoma My new 2024 SR5 4x4 Toyota Tacoma! Owner review & MPG figure IMG_0560
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brunson

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Explorer
Congrats! That's Ice Cap right? Any more pics?

* I got 26 mpg on a 75 mile trip - more driving confirms that on the truck as equipped 70mph = 26+mpg for me
Impressive. Seems much higher than others are getting here.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Very Nice! Love hearing about the tech & Digital key. You mentioned the app has so many more features. It is the same app and the truck can utilize more of the features? Also when you say digital key do you mean the app or you can carry your phone with you and it unlocks the door and starts when you get in even withour the credit card or is that the digital key? Thanks

OP
OP
SweetDave

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
It’s the same app, but updated to the new truck OS that has MANY more informational and functional features. The phone can act as key and apparently (I have not tested this yet) act as the catalyst for starting the vehicle … it seems that I can only carry the phone and no fob, the phone is a registered key.

Jeeper Defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Jeep JT Gladiator
Congrats and thanks for the review. Extra helpful coming from a 3rd gen Tacoma owner.

How's the ride / driving position and comfort compared to your 3rd gen?

And how would you compare the new 4th gen turbo engine vs. 3rd gen's V6?

OP
OP
SweetDave

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
The ride and seating position is incomparably superior, I noticed it straight away during my test drive. The seating position is finally “right” and does not need seat-jackers. I’ve had both an automatic and M/T ‘22 Tacoma, and this power plant coupled with the new transmission is again incomparably superior. The torque is instantly available, the gearing transitions are smooth, and I personally don’t notice any turbo lag. It’s all simply NOTICEABLY better

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
It’s the same app, but updated to the new truck OS that has MANY more informational and functional features. The phone can act as key and apparently (I have not tested this yet) act as the catalyst for starting the vehicle … it seems that I can only carry the phone and no fob, the phone is a registered key.
I'm curious, is this the app with the Toyota services or whatever they call it these days, that requires some sort of subscription/cost? Or is there any of this functionality that comes with the vehicle and not just as a trial?

BillyJoeJimBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Yes, 26 is impressive. Anyone else getting this?

What tires does the SR5 come with?

OP
OP
SweetDave

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
I'm curious, is this the app with the Toyota services or whatever they call it these days, that requires some sort of subscription/cost? Or is there any of this functionality that comes with the vehicle and not just as a trial?
I’m honestly unsure right now, but it does seem to be the trial services.

OP
OP
SweetDave

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
znzn I was fortunate to see GD with him 34 times, and JGB 4 times before he departed

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
* When you start the vehicle from the app, it does NOT stop when you opern the door, you just have to press the button one time to validate you’re going to drive it
Finally!

Beautiful truck!
Sponsored