Sponsored

Oil change interval for 2024 Tacoma 4th gen hybrid and gas engines? Synthetic or conventional engine oil?

Hare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
Dealer recommends 16000 km / 10000 mile oil changes here in Canada. With synthetic oil of course. I doubt anyone would want to wait that long though. ( I know this because I checked the oil service counter and it showed 15 xxx km left til oil service) hope this helps
I would not go over 7500 km myself. My two cents . Plan on changing original oil at 1000 km just to be sure to get any crud out. Oil is cheap compared to a turbo. The Car Care Nut has an excellent video on turbo care
Sponsored

Last edited:

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Thinking 7500. I thought full synthetic oil was worlds better than conventional. 5000 on the tire rotations. May do first 1000 miles out of pocket.

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Ya, your not wrong. I think I'll do my oil before 8000 km as well. It's cheap insurance for sure. I'll have to check out the car care nuts video. ( I enjoy his videos, he's probably one of the most honest mechanics out there tbh)

kellen.watkins

First Name
Kellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tacoma/2023 Prius Prime
I change all my vehicles oil at 6 months and never put more than 5K in on my Tundra or Prius in that time. I have Toyota care with both vehicles but do my own oil changes. I don’t care to take service advice from a business that sells cars.

Hare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
Ya, your not wrong. I think I'll do my oil before 8000 km as well. It's cheap insurance for sure. I'll have to check out the car care nuts video. ( I enjoy his videos, he's probably one of the most honest mechanics out there tbh)
That he is. I have learned much from his channel
Sponsored