Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Interesting they mention a digital key when talking about preset user preferences. I wonder if this will just be the app for unlocking/locking and remote starting or if it'll act as a full on digital key allowing you to drive, which I know some vehicles can do.

It's too bad they can't program seat positions per user too, I remember the family F150 had that option, and my old Audi had presets you can click. Such a simple feature, but yet everytime I get in my Camry after someone else uses it I wish and pray I had it, getting that seat position back you're used to is a pain.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Having the maintenance log is nice!

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Interesting they mention a digital key when talking about preset user preferences. I wonder if this will just be the app for unlocking/locking and remote starting or if it'll act as a full on digital key allowing you to drive, which I know some vehicles can do.
I thought I’d read somewhere that it’s full on digital key. I’m sure that’ll take a monthly subscription, but neat if they get the tech that up to date.

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
The GVWR is in the manual. Numbers seems higher than current gen so assuming the curb weight isn’t much higher then that’s a good sign for payload.

AndreB

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500 HD
Page 211, states that the Tacoma can not be dinghy towed. What a bummer… Does anyone know if this is actually true? An other point that stands out in the manual (FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE) in many instances. Is this a typo and we should read (FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE) instead or the Tacoma in 2 wheel mode is front wheel driven? One of my reasons for buying a Tacoma was to pull it behind a RV. But reading that it cannot be dinghy towed might change my plans and make me go with a Ford Ranger instead… again, what a bummer. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your insights.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Without disconnecting drivelines, or having a way to disengage the transfer case to Neutral.. it appears to be correct

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited

It's too bad they can't program seat positions per user too, I remember the family F150 had that option, and my old Audi had presets you can click. Such a simple feature, but yet everytime I get in my Camry after someone else uses it I wish and pray I had it, getting that seat position back you're used to is a pain.
A tad off-topic but our Outback does seat and side mirrors w/facial recognition.