Sponsored

Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red)

Brunson

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Explorer
"Peak 2 Piece Trail Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma.

2.25" lift in front via a 2 piece collar lift and a 1" rear spring spacer to get back some of that lost height from the Leitner Rack and future RTT"

Sponsored

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual
Is the top spacer safe? The studs do not look long enough.
I got my kit and plan to install it this weekend. I plan to get measurements on this to get the exact amount of thread loss, if any. You might loose one or two threads vs no spacer. Since all the forces are acting upward, I donā€™t see this loss of a thread or two as a problem. Iā€™ll probably add Loctite 242 to my studs before retorquing the nuts.

I do think this solution is more robust that many of the competitor solutionsā€¦no stud cutting, no staggered/welded plates.

They donā€™t have install instructions yet so Iā€™m going reference the Readylift instructions

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
Really interested in this kit. Iā€™d probably just do the 1.25 front spacer and 1ā€ rear. I still want some rake to accommodate weight in the bed.

Sponsored

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
Is the top spacer safe? The studs do not look long enough.
I got my kit and plan to install it this weekend. I plan to get measurements on this to get the exact amount of thread loss, if any. You might loose one or two threads vs no spacer. Since all the forces are acting upward, I donā€™t see this loss of a thread or two as a problem. Iā€™ll probably add Loctite 242 to my studs before retorquing the nuts.

I do think this solution is more robust that many of the competitor solutionsā€¦no stud cutting, no staggered/welded plates.

They donā€™t have install instructions yet so Iā€™m going reference the Readylift instructions
Damn I just realized this as well from that install video after ordering this kit over the Westcott. Tekoma please let us know how it goes.

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I'm not sure if all models use the same "Hat" at the top? Some may have longer studs that the others?
2024 Tacoma Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red) 1717300278856

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am a bit on the fence nowā€¦ the studs protrude out 15 mm from the top of the nut. There is only 10 mm of available thread (the top 5mm is unthreaded). The spacers are 15 mm thick. As a result, you only get about 5 mm of thread engagement versus 10 mm of engagement.

I got an email from Peak saying that they have thousands of miles on this set up with no issues. Iā€™m contemplating whether I should still give it a go. Again, since all the forces are acting up (threads arenā€™t in tension), I think it should probably be fine.

2024 Tacoma Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red) IMG_4165
2024 Tacoma Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red) IMG_4166
2024 Tacoma Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red) IMG_4168
2024 Tacoma Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red) IMG_4169

Last edited:

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
I am a bit on the fence nowā€¦ the studs protrude out 15 mm from the top of the strut mount. There is only 10 mm of available thread (the top 5mm is unthreaded). The spacers are 15 mm thick. As a result, you only get about 5 mm of thread engagement versus 10 mm of engagement.

I got an email from Peak saying that they have thousands of miles on this set up with no issues. Iā€™m contemplating whether I should still give it a go. Again, since all the forces are acting up (threads arenā€™t in tension), I think it should probably be fine.
Good pictures....this makes me think twice as well...let us know how it goes if you decide to throw it on.

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good pictures....this makes me think twice as well...let us know how it goes if you decide to throw it on.
Iā€™ve convinced myself that I donā€™t like it. Iā€™m inquiring with Peak to see if there is an option to get the collar only (assume it would result in a ~1 inch lift). Alternatively I may machine down the height of these spacers from 15mm to 10mm to ensure full thread engagement. This would result in probably only ~0.8 inches of lift. This may be enough to offset the factory rake a bitā€¦.

Sponsored

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
Iā€™ve convinced myself that I donā€™t like it. Iā€™m inquiring with Peak to see if there is an option to get the collar only (assume it would result in a ~1 inch lift). Alternatively I may machine down the height of these spacers from 15mm to 10mm to ensure full thread engagement. This would result in probably only ~0.8 inches of lift. This may be enough to offset the factory rake a bitā€¦.
That makes sense. Makes me a bit nervous too. I wonder if Peak can comment on this thread? Thousands of miles is alright but I'd feel more comfortable if someone told me they had 20 or 30,000 miles on the kit with off roading as well.

I got the two piece kit with the the collar and the spacer so I may have the shop only do the collar? That is similar to the Westcott design kit I believe and some folks on the Facebook pages were saying they had some very mild but wierd camber issues with that kit. Won't be installing it till later in the month though due to scheduling but keep us posted on what you decide!

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
I connected with two folks with the kit on their trucks, one being the lady with the red taco in the video over Instagram. She had about 1500 miles on the kit, no issues, some wheeling as well. One guy over Facebook had about 4000 miles on the kit with trails as well. I figure as long as there's enough threads to cover the nut it should be fine, doesn't seem there is any extra to protrude the nut. I'm getting a shop to install and do the alignment later this month so I'll keep you posted.

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I connected with two folks with the kit on their trucks, one being the lady with the red taco in the video over Instagram. She had about 1500 miles on the kit, no issues, some wheeling as well. One guy over Facebook had about 4000 miles on the kit with trails as well. I figure as long as there's enough threads to cover the nut it should be fine, doesn't seem there is any extra to protrude the nut. I'm getting a shop to install and do the alignment later this month so I'll keep you posted.
Here is the reason Iā€™m still concerned:

2024 Tacoma Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red) IMG_4175

As previously mentioned, the spring force is not putting forces on the studs, so it probably wonā€™t be an issue. Itā€™s more of a risk of stripping if overtorqued.

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
Here is the reason Iā€™m still concerned:

As previously mentioned, the spring force is not putting forces on the studs, so it probably wonā€™t be an issue. Itā€™s more of a risk of stripping if overtorqued.
Nice schematic. Did Peak ever get back to you regarding collar only or did you look into machining down the spacer a bit more?

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice schematic. Did Peak ever get back to you regarding collar only or did you look into machining down the spacer a bit more?
They did say they would sell the collar only but didnā€™t say how much. I was really hoping to avoid messing with a sprint compressor but I do have one at work I could use. They were also very understanding of my concerns and offered a refund if Iā€™d like to send them back. Iā€™ve opted out of the idea of matching them down. Iā€™d need to have them re-anodized which is cost prohibitive.

Baby is due in less than two weeks so itā€™s getting hectic. I just need to make up my mind and move forward!
Sponsored