Westcott Lift Kit Installed on 2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
The suspension “jewelry” arrived today. Bronze Method 703’s and Toyo Open Country AT III 285/75 R17’s in the garage.
Picking up the Bronze Oxide OR long bed Monday.
Lift Installation pre scheduled for a week from now.
I love it when a plan comes together!😁

2024 Tacoma Westcott Lift Kit Installed on 2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed IMG_6715

2024 Tacoma Westcott Lift Kit Installed on 2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed image
Sponsored

Last edited:

TBax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9, Volvo S60
The suspension “jeweler” arrived today. Bronze Method 703’s and Toyo Open Country AT III 285/75 R17’s in the garage.
Picking up the Bronze Oxide OR long bed Monday.
Lift Installation pre scheduled for a week from now.
I love it when a plan comes together!😁

IMG_6715.jpeg

image.jpg
Literally my exact plan when the time comes. Congratulations!

Reactions: JED

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Very nice. Not doing a lift but I am waiting on my Westcott roof rack. Hoping they get it out the door soon so I can post some pics of it here.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD
Ok, I have an 04 with 2 inch lift all around (custom UCAs and custom rear leafs) what is the purpose of these pucks? The website shows a set for the front for 2.5 inches of lift and a set for the rear with 3/4 inch lift. Help me understand the disparity.

Sponsored

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I have an 04 with 2 inch lift all around (custom UCAs and custom rear leafs) what is the purpose of these pucks? The website shows a set for the front for 2.5 inches of lift and a set for the rear with 3/4 inch lift. Help me understand the disparity.
My understanding is that the rear already has slightly more clearance to compensate for the compression if you load the bed up with a lot of weight. So unless you are fully loading the bed, there's already "extra" clearance for rear tires.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD
My understanding is that the rear already has slightly more clearance to compensate for the compression if you load the bed up with a lot of weight. So unless you are fully loading the bed, there's already "extra" clearance for rear tires.
Aha- well, that won't work for me. I load the bed heavy (1K-1.5k lbs) every time it goes out, so this probably won't work for me. Interesting though.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aha- well, that won't work for me. I load the bed heavy (1K-1.5k lbs) every time it goes out, so this probably won't work for me. Interesting though.
You could get it loaded up and measure your clearance front vs. back. Then you'll know for sure. It'll probably be different for the various trims and packages since suspensions aren't all the same across the Tacoma line.

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
The pucks preload the coil springs raising the vehicle. The front is designed to lift 2.5” and rear.75” to level the truck removing most of what is referred to as rake. Preloading the coils will give the truck a slightly stiffer ride. To compensate many go to a 4 ply AT tire with a more supple side wall.
It is not the most efficient way to lift a vehicle but it is the most economical. It allows the use of the OEM shocks and coils.

I had a Toytech lift like you described on my Gen 2.

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual
Looking forward to seeing how the bronze 703s look on Bronze Oxide. I went Bronze 318 mine and I’m very happy with how it looks.

Sponsored

spenticus

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Dude, I’m going to be at wescott on 4/23 to have them install my lift and the exact, color/size, same tires and wheels. I got my lift in black though

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Dude, I’m going to be at wescott on 4/23 to have them install my lift and the exact, color/size, same tires and wheels. I got my lift in black though
We’re all from different geographic locations so it shouldn’t be a case of over exposure! Still not many bronze oxides out there. I did a search a week ago with 6’ beds and found 12 in the nation. Oh, with black silver interior

spenticus

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I’m underground OR 6’ bed

QUOTE="Drakka01, post: 56866, member: 4098"]
Very nice. Not doing a lift but I am waiting on my Westcott roof rack. Hoping they get it out the door soon so I can post some pics of it here.
[/QUOTE]
We’re all from different geographic locations so it shouldn’t be a case of over exposure! Still not many bronze oxides out there. I did a search a week ago with 6’ beds and found 12 in the nation. Oh, with black silver interior
Sponsored