First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I’m underground OR 6’ bed

QUOTE="Drakka01, post: 56866, member: 4098"]
Very nice. Not doing a lift but I am waiting on my Westcott roof rack. Hoping they get it out the door soon so I can post some pics of it here.
[/QUOTE]
I’m underground OR 6’ bed

QUOTE="Drakka01, post: 56866, member: 4098"]
Very nice. Not doing a lift but I am waiting on my Westcott roof rack. Hoping they get it out the door soon so I can post some pics of it here.
[/QUOTE]
a combination yet to be seen I believe!
Sponsored

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
@JED where in the southern tier are you? I'm also in that area and waiting on a TRD Pro. Just drove a couple TRD Sport at Williams in Bing.

Wukong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
@JED did you get your truck and Westcott lift installed yet?

Wukong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Yep. Couldn’t be happier.

IMG_8053.jpeg

IMG_6726.jpeg
Congrats! Looks awesome. How's the ride quality on the Westcott lift kit?

Can you share your tires & wheels specs?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
@JED is it me or doesn't it look like after the westcott lift you still have a rake in the rear? Did you level it or just do a lift kit?

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
@JED is it me or doesn't it look like after the westcott lift you still have a rake in the rear? Did you level it or just do a lift kit?
When first installed there was 1/2” difference front to back. I do see a little rake but nothing like stock. The kit installed was 2 1/2” front 3/4” back.

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
You had me wondering so I went out this morning and measured again with the lift installed almost 2 months. Now measured 23 1/2” front (center of wheel to underside of fender) and 24 1/2” in the rear. Coils “settled in “ I guess.

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
You had me wondering so I went out this morning and measured again with the lift installed almost 2 months. Now measured 23 1/2” front (center of wheel to underside of fender) and 24 1/2” in the rear. Coils “settled in “ I guess.
Thanks for checking. So it sounds like after it "settled" it isn't too far off from factory rake which I think is 1.5" per this Westcott video:

After installing the westcott preload collar kit (2.5" & .75"), if the factory rake is 21.5" in front and 23" in rear, after the lift there should be a reverse rake of 24" in front and 23.75" in rear. But that doesn't seem to be the case with your truck?

The peak suspension (2.25" & 1") would still leave you with a slight rake of .75" (23.75" in front and 24" in rear)

Trying to decide which kit I want to go with but if the Westcott one is still leaving a 1" rake, I'm wondering if the peak suspension is the one to go

Last edited:

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
After installing the Wescott kit on my OR LB I was almost 1.5 inches of rake still from front to rear and that's three weeks and 1,000 miles after the install so everything should be fully settled. I got my wedge camper and batwing awning, which together add ~450lbs, installed last Friday and now it's almost perfectly level.

I've wondered if the alignment has anything to do with the continued rake after install but the shop I had do the alignment is fairly reputable and has done alignments on other vehicles for me in the past with no complaints. I'm not prepared to spend more money just to have another shop verify the alignment so for now I'll just shrug at the mystery of it all.
Sponsored