Sponsored

Remote start from FOB

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
OR Premium. Remote start is possible through the Toyota app but I don't think my FOB has any remote start buttons. Is that a thing or is through the app only?

EDIT: Nvm we figured it out.

Also found this:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Tac931

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
OR Premium. Remote start is possible through the Toyota app but I don't think my FOB has any remote start buttons. Is that a thing or is through the app only?

EDIT: Nvm we figured it out.

Also found this:

Push the lock button 3 times. The 3rd time you hold it down

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
So, my understanding is that the remote start from the Toyota app feature is a paid subscription, but remote start from the fob is not, is that correct? Also, does anyone know what other features are paywalled behind the subscription? I assume navigation?

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
So, my understanding is that the remote start from the Toyota app feature is a paid subscription, but remote start from the fob is not, is that correct? Also, does anyone know what other features are paywalled behind the subscription? I assume navigation?
Navigation is not paywalled. It is, however, notoriously useless. Use Android Auto or Carplay.. trust me on this. :p

https://www.toyota.com/connected-services/ are the paid features.

OP
OP

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
Navigation is not paywalled. It is, however, notoriously useless. Use Android Auto or Carplay.. trust me on this. :p

So far my experience with wireless apple carplay is pretty good. My VW Jetta requires wired. I tried it on a 2023 VW Atlas and ran into intermitted connection issues where it would just freeze. So far I haven't had any issues with any of the systems.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
So far my experience with wireless apple carplay is pretty good. My VW Jetta requires wired. I tried it on a 2023 VW Atlas and ran into intermitted connection issues where it would just freeze. So far I haven't had any issues with any of the systems.
Android Auto has been mostly flawless. I had some instances where Pandora randomly stopped playing but AA didn't disconnect so I'm blaming that on my phone... somehow.
I had AA in my 2022 but it was USB only so I used an AAWireless adapter to make it wireless. It was finnicky af and if certain people got in the passenger seat it would just keep dropping connection (maybe interference from their phone? /shrug). This experience with the '24 has been way better.

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road

100% This. It's worse than useless. A few times it has tried to get me to enter an adjacent highway when the destination was immediately to my right.

I just use Android Auto with Waze and am happy with that. The Toyota navigation is good to have up when you just want to see the surrounding area without any directional navigation help.

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Manual trd off road doest have remote start . First few days i didnt liked not having remote start . But with manual trans u have to go in the truck start it and then lock the truck with physical keys . Once its locked with physical key . The fob does not work so basically if u try to unlock truck with fob again it wont.. u have to use physical key to unlock it . Toyota says once u lock the truck with physical key truck is not sending any signal to key fob it just stops . with wireless key fob car thefts on rise in canada now i am more than happy to not have remote start and lock with key and then again unlock with key ..
Sponsored