Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Look at the Bronco, the Mustang, Raptor, Corvette, Blazer, Charger, Hellcat, Cherokee SRT, Viper, the 1994 Ram, the 1990 300Z, 350Z, 370Z...... Yes, every new launch feels the same labor pains. None near as badly post COVID....
Right. So why does the new mustang not have a single allocation to each dealer? There are many already on the streets where Iā€™m from. The corvette, bronco, charger, and more listed on your list didnā€™t have a single allocation to each dealer at launch either.

Iā€™m just trying to ask what is so different about this company and this specific launch that we will only see a single allocation to each dealer due to ā€œimporting themā€ which is the case for almost all brands yet they donā€™t have single allocations to start.

we arenā€™t even talking about the pros and trailhunters. The 2.4 non hybrid will have a single allocation across dealers to begin with? This isnā€™t a mustang dark horse. Sounds like a terrible plan that will only piss customers off.
Sponsored

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
The embargo doesn't affect Tacomas. If you watch Toyota, nothing is done out of order. Everything has a function and a correct time. That's why Subaru is our test mule on many of the new features. Pricing is going to go out at last minute because of the demand on the Taco to keep people from snatching them up and flipping them for a nice profit. I was just told that NO ONE has a 24 Tacoma allocation yet and we will be allocated ONE UNIT at first. As everyone gets their unit, allocation will be based on volume. We've got 43 2023 Tacos on the lot and in transit and we're only going to get 1 unit in December.
Hmm that doesn't answer my question but ok :)

Surely someone must know which week this info will be released. Holding out hope for Taco Tuesday surprise next week.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Trail hunter being 60k is wild but i can see it. At that point its full size truck in payments. 57K is the most id pay for one the raptor ranger is around that price so is the bison.
My heart had been set on the RR though, once the hybrid tacoma was unveiled I reevaluated the fuel requirements and mpg s of the RR.

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Good luck with getting a Raptor @55k. Good luck getting one at any price. AT4X starts at 55k, I check inventory daily there are some in the mid-50s and others in the low to mid-60s. They are also going against very little competition until the new Ford Ranger and Taco come out, then they will need to compete for customers and with high interest rates. I am hoping this will contribute to some downward pressure. -for all of them. - that or they adjust production to keep prices high. I am waiting until we see some comparisons against each other to make a final decision. -
your message is not fair. Go over to ranger6g. Tons of people were able to order the RR at MSRP.
Why are you even talking about the AT4X? The ZR2 is the same truck with a better looking interior color for 6K less. My dealer quoted me 48K (MSRP) I can order today. 52K with every single option including memory seats (no memory seats on the Tacoma).
There is no way a fully loaded trailhunter will cost 52K. It will cost 20% more or 62K if we are lucky.

I was absolutely set on a Ranger Raptor until I saw the Tacoma... I don't even need a pro honestly. I have also been watching the GMC/Chevy Twins for deals. I'm hoping they'll try and clear out the remaining 23's soon and there will be a deal as that's the only way I'll buy one of those. I have Raptors ordered at 2 dealerships (1 Stock, and 1 Retail) @ MSRP, but none of them have scheduled. They haven't made 1 Ranger and they were supposed to be starting in August so there's not a lot of confidence here. I'm friends with the Service Manager at our local Toyota dealer and he says he can get me one when they get the allocations, so I may go that way. There's actually things about all 3 that I like. I wish I could merge all of them into a super truck :)
Could not agree more. Was set on a RR until I saw the Tacoma.

I want the Tacoma power train, with the RR suspension and seat comfort (I drove a 2023 Tundra and 2023 F150, itā€™s hilarious how much more comfortable the seats are in the F150. If new Tacoma seats are as uncomfortable as any Toyota I have tried like the Tundra, RAV4 or Camry, itā€™s a full deal breaker for me), and with the memory seats from the Raptor/ZR2. Also with the 4A transmission from the Raptor/ZR2. Canā€™t believe Toyota did not include 4A which is invaluable in the snow.
Not to forgot the price from the ZR2 and the Bison package with 35ā€ tires, and there goes my perfect truck.

What I am waiting for to decide:
- price
- payload (1450 lbs in the RR, need the same in the TH as I am heavy when overlanding)
- seat comfort (excellent in my Bronco and F150, awful in any Toyota I drove)
- online reviews. The new Tundra is a much inferior truck VS the competition despite the competition being 3 years older. See motortrends long term comparison. The only thing it has going for it is look and Toyotaā€™s reputation for reliability.
So far I am very afraid the Tacoma will be a repeat: best look of the bunch, Toyotaā€™s reputation, but archaic transmission (no 4A), uncomfortable (a joke when one realizes comfort is everything in a car since you spend hundreds of hours sitting in there), worst on and off road ride, and more expensive. I hope to be proven wrong because if I am wrong this is the one I will buy (I love the look and the trailhunter package, and the hybrid powertrain is a super huge plus). If it costs a fortune, isnā€™t comfortable, or/and rides significantly worst than the RR then I wonā€™t.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
I have a RR on order and a build date for MSRP. Probably get it and keep it for a year or two till I can get a TRD Pro.

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra Limited, Taco TRD Pro
your message is not fair. Go over to ranger6g. Tons of people were able to order the RR at MSRP.
Why are you even talking about the AT4X? The ZR2 is the same truck with a better looking interior color for 6K less. My dealer quoted me 48K (MSRP) I can order today. 52K with every single option including memory seats (no memory seats on the Tacoma).
There is no way a fully loaded trailhunter will cost 52K. It will cost 20% more or 62K if we are lucky.

I want the Tacoma power train, with the RR suspension and seat comfort (I drove a 2023 Tundra and 2023 F150, itā€™s hilarious how much more comfortable the seats are in the F150. If new Tacoma seats are as uncomfortable as any Toyota I have tried like the Tundra, RAV4 or Camry, itā€™s a full deal breaker for me), and with the memory seats from the Raptor/ZR2. Also with the 4A transmission from the Raptor/ZR2. Canā€™t believe Toyota did not include 4A which is invaluable in the snow.
Not to forgot the price from the ZR2 and the Bison package with 35ā€ tires, and there goes my perfect truck.

- price
- payload (1450 lbs in the RR, need the same in the TH as I am heavy when overlanding)
- online reviews. The new Tundra is a much inferior truck VS the competition despite the competition being 3 years older. See motortrends long term comparison. The only thing it has going for it is look and Toyotaā€™s reputation for reliability.
So far I am very afraid the Tacoma will be a repeat: best look of the bunch, Toyotaā€™s reputation, but archaic transmission (no 4A), uncomfortable (a joke when one realizes comfort is everything in a car since you spend hundreds of hours sitting in there), worst on and off road ride, and more expensive. I hope to be proven wrong because if I am wrong this is the one I will buy (I love the look and the trailhunter package, and the hybrid powertrain is a super huge plus). If it costs a fortune, isnā€™t comfortable, or/and rides significantly worst than the RR then I wonā€™t.
What makes you think the 24 Tacoma isn't going to have 10 way adjustable memory seats available in higher trim levels? I think everyone will be surprised when the specs and options are released.

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
What makes you think the 24 Tacoma isn't going to have 10 way adjustable memory seats available in higher trim levels? I think everyone will be surprised when the specs and options are released.
limited, TH and TRD pro that were announced did not have it. A miss on their marketing side if they didnā€™t show a loaded version of their best trims at the announcement but who knows.

I can live without that feature though. Itā€™s an Inconvenience. More than I can live without 4A (a big inconvenience once you have had it and regularly drive on and off snow covered roads). I canā€™t live with an uncomfortable seat when doing a 6h road trip drive though so big hope on that. I also canā€™t live with a 1100 lbs payload which is why the ZR2 is dead last on my list so far. Big hope on the payload on the TH trim!

Letā€™s see anyway! I have my spot reserved for a TH.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
I've been watching this thread for quite a while now and I feel like we're putting an awful lot of stock in what one person is saying. I believe there may be some truth to it, but I have a hard time believing some of what I'm reading and that someone working at a dealership would have that much intel beyond what is already pubic. If that was the case there would be many other leaks all across the inter-web. Just my opinion, but food for thought. From a spec perspective most have been public since launch, but there could be a few wild cards in the mix.

WARNING: My predictions & thoughts below are based on absolutely no intel, just some un-educated guesses.

1. TH/Pro price will be between $52k - $55k. I think Toyota is smart and if it gets much higher it's approaching Tundra territory, they will be above the competition, and the gap between the 23' Pro ($48k base per the configurator) will be beyond many peoples tolerance and what I would consider reasonable. This is not factoring in dealer markups. I will not buy from a dealer that marks it up, but no doubt some will.
  2. What will I spend on a TH? I would love low $50's, however that is probably a pipe dream. I would say as long as it's under $60k I will likely still pull the trigger. Part of this is because I have an 05' second gen with 221k miles on it so it is a giant upgrade. Second gen still runs absolutely perfect by the way, but definitely excited about the new models.
  3. TH/Pro will either be equal top tier/flagship trucks (my guess) or Pro by a slim margin.
  4. Fuel economy: Better than previous models and a hell of a lot better than mine haha. I am currently in the "overloader" category. I plan to go lighter with the new TH setup.
  5. Allocations/inventory: If what I've read elsewhere on this site is true from someone on the manufacturing side about volumes being produced it may not be as bad as what we're thinking. That could be wishful thinking, but Toyota's goal is to sell trucks, dealers goal is to sell trucks, they need trucks to sell trucks. If 23' inventory levels across the country are very high then maybe they could withhold some until inventory is cleared out. Cars.com has 11k total "new" Tacomas across all trim levels currently listed and AutoTrader has 15k. Is that a lot? I have no idea. According to Google (site linked below) Toyota sold 215k Tacomas in 2022 and 252k in 2021, and in October 23' sold 17k. Toyota Sales Data This site has some solid Toyota sales information. To me it would seem plausible for Toyota to open the inventory flood gates upon launch (assuming they have made it through production).
  6. Pricing and specs will be released for all 24's (non-hybrid and hybrid) prior to or around Black Friday. This allows time for consumers to do research, pick the model they want, and for Toyota to get some (non-hybrids) out the door before the end of the year. Obviously it's possible for this to push out, but if it does I would imagine it's because of production issues and not due to dealers current 23' inventory. Dealers will sell Tacoma's no matter what.
  7. As a note: I am #4 on the list for the TH at Mountain States Toyota here in the Denver area. They are the largest Toyota dealer in the state so fingers crossed I get one early after they launch the hybrids. I put my name on the list June 3rd.

Last edited:

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Tundra ISE, 2012 CT200h, 2015 NX 200t

- price
I read the comparison testing of the Zr2 and ATX4 they liked the GMC better giving me anecdotal evidence that is not most people's experience. It is opinion. The ATX4 is 300 lbs lighter and for me looks better. I'm sure the 48k truck was without extras. I searched dealers ' inventory bases. ... (all I saw was Australia. Yeah, you can order one but they cannot supply them. -so far

- price
Why The 2023 GMC Canyon Is Better Than The Chevrolet Colorado (hotcars.com)

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I read the comparison testing of the Zr2 and ATX4 they liked the GMC better giving me anecdotal evidence that is not most people's experience. It is opinion. The ATX4 is 300 lbs lighter and for me looks better. I'm sure the 48k truck was without extras. I searched dealers ' inventory bases. ... (all I saw was Australia. Yeah, you can order one but they cannot supply them. -so far

Why The 2023 GMC Canyon Is Better Than The Chevrolet Colorado (hotcars.com)
You are spreading completely false information. The ZR2 is not 300 lbs heavier itā€™s actually 30 lbs LIGHTER (see full specs below).

https://www.edmunds.com/gmc/canyon/2023/st-401973429/features-specs/

https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/colorado/2023/st-401970841/features-specs/

The article you are referring at is a very old click bait article that was last updated in November 2022, long before any journalist could drive any of those trucks.

The reality is that those two truck are mechanically identical and share almost all of the same components like chassis drivetrain suspension infotainment and more. The reason the AT4X is 30 lbs more is because it has a couple extra tech feature like HUD, which you are paying $6000 for.

Great for you if you like the look better but from an objective point of view there is 0 reason to compare the AT4X with the Tacoma instead of the ZR2.

The fact that the ZR2 is 48K and will be much easier to find than both a Raptor and a TRD Pro is remarkable. Chevrolet also announced 2024 pricing last week and it is relatively identical.
The only problem is Itā€™s a Chevrolet and low payload. But the off road performance price ration cannot be beat.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You are spreading completely false information. The ZR2 is not 300 lbs heavier itā€™s actually 30 lbs LIGHTER (see full specs below).

https://www.edmunds.com/gmc/canyon/2023/st-401973429/features-specs/

https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/colorado/2023/st-401970841/features-specs/

The article you are referring at is a very old click bait article that was last updated in November 2022, long before any journalist could drive any of those trucks.

The reality is that those two truck are mechanically identical and share almost all of the same components like chassis drivetrain suspension infotainment and more. The reason the AT4X is 30 lbs more is because it has a couple extra tech feature like HUD, which you are paying $6000 for.

Great for you if you like the look better but from an objective point of view there is 0 reason to compare the AT4X with the Tacoma instead of the ZR2.

The fact that the ZR2 is 48K and will be much easier to find than both a Raptor and a TRD Pro is remarkable. Chevrolet also announced 2024 pricing last week and it is relatively identical.
The only problem is Itā€™s a Chevrolet and low payload. But the off road performance price ration cannot be beat.
the Colorado is a great value across all trims. Even moreso if you have a supplier discount code.

im comparing ranger 2.7 with A plan vs Colorado trail boss with supplier discount vs Tacoma off-road premium with no discount lol
Sponsored