Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
We just caught a mule for the next-generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma, and a front-fascia camo slip has shown some elements of what’s hiding behind the disguise. There’s also clues of hybridization, judging by high-voltage cabling.

The mule’s front-fascia camouflage sliped down, revealing some of the grille, headlights, and some of the front fender. It gives us a little more insight into the shapes hiding behind the frontal disguise, at least on this mule. What we see here is very close to the Tundra, so if these aren’t the final production panels, it may reveal different styling elements. Our insiders have told us that fully production-bodied prototypes have been testing since late November, however.

This mule had another interesting detail, once a view of the passenger side came into view. Our rear view of the Tacoma mule reveals an open rear window, with a nest of bright orange cabling spilling out into the daylight. The orange cable has always been associated with high-voltage wiring, suggesting that there are some sizeable batteries tied into this truck’s powertrain. Could this be the 2.4L Hybrid MAX that has been rumored and recently "confirmed" by insider sources?

We’ll be on the lookout for more developments on the next generation Tacoma, and any of design changes as development progresses.

2024 Tacoma Spied: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Mule Reveals Partial Headlights, Grille and Hybrid Clues 2024-toyota-tacoma-front-fascia-slip-hybrid-clues-1

2024 Tacoma Spied: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Mule Reveals Partial Headlights, Grille and Hybrid Clues 2024-toyota-tacoma-front-fascia-slip-hybrid-clues-2

2024 Tacoma Spied: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Mule Reveals Partial Headlights, Grille and Hybrid Clues 2024-toyota-tacoma-front-fascia-slip-hybrid-clues-3

2024 Tacoma Spied: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Mule Reveals Partial Headlights, Grille and Hybrid Clues 2024-toyota-tacoma-front-fascia-slip-hybrid-clues-4

2024 Tacoma Spied: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Mule Reveals Partial Headlights, Grille and Hybrid Clues 2024-toyota-tacoma-front-fascia-slip-hybrid-clues-5

2024 Tacoma Spied: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Mule Reveals Partial Headlights, Grille and Hybrid Clues 2024-toyota-tacoma-front-fascia-slip-hybrid-clues-6

2024 Tacoma Spied: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Mule Reveals Partial Headlights, Grille and Hybrid Clues 2024-toyota-tacoma-front-fascia-slip-hybrid-clues-7
Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
So I like the tundra front end styling for the most part.... some of the grills look better than the other so I would be ok with the headlights and a tidier grill.
My question is, this doesn't look like the EV concept truck.... well headlights look different to me. Do we think the final Tacoma will look much different that the EV concept?

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
These are probably not mules anymore, this is the real deal I mentioned first being built last month. Finally, showing up in public. Great work!

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
So I like the tundra front end styling for the most part.... some of the grills look better than the other so I would be ok with the headlights and a tidier grill.
My question is, this doesn't look like the EV concept truck.... well headlights look different to me. Do we think the final Tacoma will look much different that the EV concept?
The camouflage probably does a good job, hiding any similarities, because this might be it.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
No matter what it looks like, this is my next vehicle. Deposit down! Cant wait to see some more on this. I too am surprised it doesn't look more like the EV concept. I confident that's what it looked like.

Getting hints of those head lights though, I dig it.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the spy shots we have seen so far has been the same cab configuration and it has bugged me because it looks like a double cab because of the rear door handles, but looks small. Not sure why I had not noticed this before, I saw a current gen access cab and double cab next to eachother today and noticed the spacing between the wheel well and the cab. Now I firmly believe the mules we are seeing to be access cab model but with front hinged doors and there will be a larger cab than this or a double cab. Hopefully this proves true since that cab needs to gain some room.

Can't wait to start getting more information on this.......it's only January though so still a ways to go :unsure:

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
I disagree. it looks like a doublecab or cewcab above. the camo makes the door look smaller slightly. I doubt there will be much change in legroom. people in the ranger forums are complaining about legroom too. we have to realize like sedans and SUV's if you want more space you move up to the larger vehicle Aka fullsize pickups. Toyota has said the tacoma will stick to the same footprint.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Is there any chance whatsoever it might be shown at the Chicago auto show in February?
2024 Tacoma Spied: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Mule Reveals Partial Headlights, Grille and Hybrid Clues tacoma4g a

Last edited by a moderator:

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I disagree. it looks like a doublecab or cewcab above. the camo makes the door look smaller slightly. I doubt there will be much change in legroom. people in the ranger forums are complaining about legroom too. we have to realize like sedans and SUV's if you want more space you move up to the larger vehicle Aka fullsize pickups. Toyota has said the tacoma will stick to the same footprint.
Yeah looking at the picture again I still think this is an access cab, notice probably 6-8 inches between cab and wheel well? Seeing the two yesterday made me realize what a difference there was in the current one. If they can't improve interior space with the same footprint they are not very good engineers.

You may be right about the legroom, but when you can get more in a Maverick I call that a problem. If rear leg room isn't addressed then it's off my list. I would end up going Maverick, Sienna or maybe a midsize SUV/CUV as I am hoping for more room to put stuff in when needed. I actually take people with me regularly and won't subject them to that torture

Last edited:

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any chance whatsoever it might be shown at the Chicago auto show in February?
My wishful thinking is we see a concept or something.... but realistically I think it's a pretty slim chance.

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wishful thinking is we see a concept or something.... but realistically I think it's a pretty slim chance.
I hope we see it too, but if Dr. carmaker is right about December start with production it doesn't make sense. would be to soon and kill current Tacoma sales. I hope at the latest is early summer(June). if we see it at Chicago that'd be awesome.

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah looking at the picture again I still think this is an access cab, notice probably 6-8 inches between cab and wheel well? Seeing the two yesterday made me realize what a difference there was in the current one. If they can't improve interior space with the same footprint they are not very good engineers.

You may be right about the legroom, but when you can get more in a Maverick I call that a problem. If rear leg room isn't addressed then it's off my list. I would end up going Maverick, Sienna or maybe a midsize SUV/CUV as I am hoping for more room to put stuff in when needed. I actually take people with me regularly and won't subject them to that torture
I hear ya about size but its a truck. its meant to have bed not a lot of interior space. if you're comparing a Tacoma to a sienna you probably need the sienna or 4runner more. the Tacoma represents a body on frame truck with rock solid reliability and can put in work. I wouldn't want a maverick or sienna. I want something that go in the field covered in mud not get stuck and haul what I need in the bed. I want a simple interior, something I can get dirty and muddy then clean out easy. not a big touchscreen just simple buttons I can feel when I'm driving and use with my gloves on. the Tacoma is a great tool for working on the farm and going out to the woods for fun.

I saw the next gen ranger and it looks great but ford doesn't have reliability anymore from personal experiences so I'm a Toyota guy now. I hate the interior in the next ford with that giant touchscreen instead of simple buttons. I want a vehicle that can take some abuse when it needs too, interior and exterior, off road and on road.

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do hope they improve the legroom and seating position in the Tacoma. I hurt my back recently and that seat isn't so comfy lol. they should redesign the cabin for sure. however I do like the way you configure the back seat on the double into a loading platform. it looks perfect for a dog to. great innovation for the rear of the cabin when not being used by people.

2024 Tacoma Spied: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Mule Reveals Partial Headlights, Grille and Hybrid Clues Screenshot 2023-01-17 141849

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya about size but its a truck. its meant to have bed not a lot of interior space. if you're comparing a Tacoma to a sienna you probably need the sienna or 4runner more. the Tacoma represents a body on frame truck with rock solid reliability and can put in work. I wouldn't want a maverick or sienna. I want something that go in the field covered in mud not get stuck and haul what I need in the bed. I want a simple interior, something I can get dirty and muddy then clean out easy. not a big touchscreen just simple buttons I can feel when I'm driving and use with my gloves on. the Tacoma is a great tool for working on the farm and going out to the woods for fun.

I saw the next gen ranger and it looks great but ford doesn't have reliability anymore from personal experiences so I'm a Toyota guy now. I hate the interior in the next ford with that giant touchscreen instead of simple buttons. I want a vehicle that can take some abuse when it needs too, interior and exterior, off road and on road.
I prefer a truck bed, but if I can't get a midsize with a decent back seat I am likely to go the other route with the ones I mentioned. Still be able to haul some stuff it will just be cleanup after. When I went from an F150 to a Nissan Rogue it's worked fine for the most part other than I wish I didn't have to do so much cleaning. after putting stuff in it. I drive to much to get a full-size, but hoping the new Tacoma will have some ok MPG's.....currently they are terrible.

90% of people who buy trucks never leave the road or tow anything.... you are the minority for how you use your truck. It doesn't make them any less desirable for those of us who want one though.

I can't stand the huge vertical screen that they are putting in some of the Fords.... I want a bigger screen but not vertical and I do want some buttons.

I agree about the reliability also.... which is why I was hoping for a Tacoma.....but if it doesn't work for the way I want to use it then it doesn't matter how reliable it is.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do hope they improve the legroom and seating position in the Tacoma. I hurt my back recently and that seat isn't so comfy lol. they should redesign the cabin for sure. however I do like the way you configure the back seat on the double into a loading platform. it looks perfect for a dog to. great innovation for the rear of the cabin when not being used by people.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 141849.png
didn't know this was currently an option. Nice.
Sponsored