Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Hello there.

I ordered a TRD Sport+ that comes in towards the end of May. I had some general questions for the group to get some opinions.

I’m going to upsize my tires. I had a couple of questions related to this.

- has anyone had their speedometer recalibrated after doing this? Is it something you can do yourself?

- has anyone bought and upsized spare and how much bigger can you go before it doesn’t fit in the spare tire location.

My other question is around performance tuning chips. I read up on a few offerings and I don’t see how they differ from the included “sport/normal/towing/eco” mode tuner that comes standard with the truck. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I asked the service manager if that could be done, and how much. He said it couldn't and just drive it since it only makes a small difference unless you get crazy.

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
In a few weeks mine will have 265/70 on factory 18, ko2's with a spacer kit up front.

Dealer is installing the spacer kit, alignment and new tires.

Dealer is paying me $400 for the OEM tires that come with the truck.

All of this before I even see the truck before delivery.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
In a few weeks mine will have 265/70 on factory 18, ko2's with a spacer kit up front.

Dealer is installing the spacer kit, alignment and new tires.

Dealer is paying me $400 for the OEM tires that come with the truck.

All of this before I even see the truck before delivery.
Why only 265's?

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next size up would be over 33" tire size... with the factory 18's
Yes it would, and that might create a problem! I was thinking of the Off Road with 285/70R17's on stock wheels, and while I don't like the stock wheels, I'll probably just keep them. Happy wheelin'!

Reactions: oxi

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
Yes it would, and that might create a problem! I was thinking of the Off Road with 285/70R17's on stock wheels, and while I don't like the stock wheels, I'll probably just keep them. Happy wheelin'!

I like a little challenge with the factory 18's.

I can only do some much with those 18's, but it keeps my pocketbook in check and the wife will not complain as much getting in the truck.

I cannot wait to see how she looks with just the 1.1" taller tire 32.6" stance on those factory 18's, should be better than the 265/65's that come stock.

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus

I can only do some much with those 18's, but it keeps my pocketbook in check and the wife will not complain as much getting in the truck.

I cannot wait to see how she looks with just the 1.1" taller tire 32.6" stance on those factory 18's, should be better than the 265/65's that come stock.
When are you getting yours done? I’m still kicking around what to do with my Sport and it’s 18” rims. Guess I’m looking to learn from others experiences.

There have been some really good upgrades in a few of the other threads. Guessing you have a Sport as well with the 18” rims?

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
When are you getting yours done? I’m still kicking around what to do with my Sport and it’s 18” rims. Guess I’m looking to learn from others experiences.

There have been some really good upgrades in a few of the other threads. Guessing you have a Sport as well with the 18” rims?

Hopefully 4/12 or 4/13 will be the delivery date.

It is off the rail car in Bensenville, Illinois, now waiting for semi-truck to dealer. With Western Easter, delays, delays.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Well, if she's anything like my (ex) wife, who would have enjoyed an extra inch, I'm sure yours will be happy!
Sponsored