Sponsored

Tacoma Trims from top to bottom -- Is Trailhunter the king or is the TRD Pro?

Jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Please bear with me I'm a little slow. The press release listed out all the 2024 Tacoma trims but in a scatter shot manner.

I *thought* the order from base to highest trim was: SR, SR5, TRD PreRunner, TRD Sport, TRD Off Road, Limited, TRD Pro, and Trailhunter.

Trailhunter being the top trim and the most expensive. HOWEVER, the Toyota site has it arranged like thus. So is the PRO the top trim in $$?

2024 Tacoma Tacoma Trims from top to bottom -- Is Trailhunter the king or is the TRD Pro? Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 3.30.39 PM
Sponsored

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
I’m thinking the TRDPro is the top of line. But I wouldn’t be surprised if there only a few thousand $s apart

OP
OP

Jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Yea maybe in their base configurations since the Pro comes with those fancy seats. The Trailhunter I assume will surpass it depending on bed size and ARB Sport Bar.

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I would think it's the Pro. Those seats, I believe, are really going to add to the cost. In the end, it's in the eye of the beholder since the two are aimed at somewhat different interests.

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
Pro is also getting an exclusive color in 2024. Another sign of top dog status.

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
I’m thinking the TRDPro is the top of line. But I wouldn’t be surprised if there only a few thousand $s apart
I think those standard dynamic seats in the Pro put it over the top. The Pro is the desert runner, the Trailhunter is the rock crawler.

2024 Tacoma Tacoma Trims from top to bottom -- Is Trailhunter the king or is the TRD Pro? 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro 1 copy

2024 Tacoma Tacoma Trims from top to bottom -- Is Trailhunter the king or is the TRD Pro? trims-2024-tacoma-model-grades

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
They basically replaced the current Trail Special Edition and moved it up market from where it currently slots in between the SR5 and TRD Sport.

This is Toyota recognizing the popularity and profitability of Overlanding trims and accessories from the factory. Jeep and Ford have made a killing on it in recent years.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I still believe the Pro is the top tier. They seem to be using it the most for their ads, and it is the most unique looking truck of the bunch with the blacked out roof and red interior. Its more appealing even for people who will drive it on the street fast. I do wish the seats were an option for the Trailhunter. People think thats a gimmick, but I work on commercial trucks with air seats and I have thought about how cool it would be to have something similar off road. For slow trails, airing down the seats and airing down the tires would be a butter smooth ride!

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
There’s been some discussion the new Tacoma lineup includes two “halo” trims, the TRD Pro and Trailhunter. I agree the Pro probably will sit at the top, but in sort of a 1a / 1b deal.

The pricing difference between the two will be small, particularly when comparing the TH with the optional 6’ bed against the Pro with its 5’.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
There’s been some discussion the new Tacoma lineup includes two “halo” trims, the TRD Pro and Trailhunter. I agree the Pro probably will sit at the top, but in sort of a 1a / 1b deal.

The pricing difference between the two will be small, particularly when comparing the TH with the optional 6’ bed against the Pro with its 5’.
I agree. They mentioned they are sharing the top tier. If you add up all the custom parts on each, you'd probably end up close. I would say they come out at the same price point. Wouldn't surprise me.
Sponsored