Toyota please just make a gas/hybrid engine with FWD. Don't need PHEV

Maverick168

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4 LE 2008 Dodge Dakota SXT
Toyota please just make a gas/hybrid engine with FWD that gets fantastic fuel mpg, we don't need a plug in version keep it simple. You will need this version if want to compete with the Ford Maverick.
Sponsored

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
I think/hope they will offer both the 2.5 normally aspirated and the 2.4 Turbo, hopefully with/without hybrid. A 2.4 Turbo/hybrid would be my choice. All will have substantially better fuel economy than the current V6.

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
body on frame trucks don't come in front wheel drive...for towing and hauling rwd is better. you won't see fwd for sure on Tacoma. I would prefer better mpg also but also want better payload and towing. the current gen has really poor payload rating. my trd sport extended cab has 1100 Lbs only and it doesn't tow 5000 pounds that well at all. I love the reliability of it so far. bought it new in 2016 and its still as good as new everything works the same. I like the interior it has all the features I want. lots of buttons and storage options in the cab I like. I hope they don't do what ford did with the next gen ranger and just stick a giant tablet in it. its truck and the enterior should be able to get dirty and muddy alittle bit.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Toyota please just make a gas/hybrid engine with FWD that gets fantastic fuel mpg, we don't need a plug in version keep it simple. You will need this version if want to compete with the Ford Maverick.
The more options, the better...

SpeedDevil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Why? It's already designed to be RWD, they'd just take a Rav4 or something and make a Maverick fighter for a lot less before they made a fwd Taco

Jstryker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 24
How do we down vote this into oblivion? The direction of the market is PHEV or full electric. I HATE full electric. Try taking a trip thru snow country and risk your life running out of e-juice.

No thanks. Take a hint from the success of the RAV4 PRIME. Get er done.

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
I hope they will make a PHEV version with 100+ miles of range on full electric, and eliminate their gas only engines. Toyota have been in the hybrid business way too long to not integrate it into trucks. I hope they do it while I'm still alive. I'm estimating a little over 50 more years in my life.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Toyotas competitor to the maverick is not the Tacoma. It’s yet to be released. Toyota is aiming to have affordable ($10k +\-) micro truck based off of the Corolla platform.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...k-first-drive-review-japan-mobility-show/amp/
Sponsored