Sponsored

FirstTimeTruckBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
What is so wrong with just adjusting the front seats forward to accommodate the occasional guest or two in the rear seat? Seems fairly selfish of the driver or shotgun to value their comfort over others’.
That’s what I do now. I’m 5’11” and currently drive a 2014 CrossTrek, which is also a little tight behind the driver’s seat. About 95% of my driving is just me and maybe a front passenger. So, I’m not too concerned about the rear seat room in the new Tacoma, personally. I really want it to fit in my garage, as silly as that may sound to some people on here. 🙂
Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I'm still sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the OFFICIAL Tacoma TRD Pro Hybrid MSRP announcement.

I have an early deposit and my salesman guessed low $60's due to the extra hybrid expense.
Tuesday. Or 6 more sleeps, as my kids used to say.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
I'm not saying you can do yoga back there... I know it's a small seat, but it's disingenuous to say there is "no legroom" and point to a seat all the way back while looking across the driver's side where there is obviously room for legs.
There is very little for an average adult. When you consider the cost of these "redesigned" trucks, adding a few inches of legroom would have made this thing a home run. When you have the Toyota people lamenting, on camera, that there isn't much room in the back, you know it's an issue. Will they still sell every copy they can make? Probably.

Steelhead

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I hope toyota is monitoring these forums. That zero leg room is a HUGE problem.
Yes they really dropped the ball there , head shaker . Definitely will hold out for after I get a chance to check out the rear seating in the ranger raptor , supposedly a lot more comfy in the rear in it

Steelhead

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yes agreed. I also don’t understand why we are discussing legroom at this point. Tacoma’s don’t have a ton of rear legroom, never have, never will. I don’t believe it’s worse than prior generations either, just not dramatically improved. There is no new information here and far better videos that go over legroom in detail if anyone on this is concerned. For that matter ask a 4G owner on here and search previous threads.
When they price these at 50k+, it's an issue. "Tacoma Bros" aren't the only people looking at mid-sized trucks today.
yes agreed , my little Corolla Im commuter has more legroom. Lol ,

Johnny919

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
The seats are my only hesitation regarding the Pro. I’m also not overly excited about the color choices, so this is what I’ve done.

I’m first on the list for a Pro at local dealership. After seeing the 4Runner reveal, in Mud Bath and lack of ISO seats, I requested to have my color choice changed to mud bath with the hope that ISO seats would be optional in 2025. My way of delaying decision.

Not in a hurry, as I’m very happy with the TRD OR premium.
I think it's weird the iso dynamic seats are standard on the trd pro tacoma, but the 4runner which is more expensive than the tacoma, does not have the isodynamic seats.

I love the functionality of the trd pro, I just wish there were more packages to customize it, or get a less optioned interior. Kind of like how you can get the Chevy zr2.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
ISO Seats will bolt into the new 4Runner, no problemo

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
There is very little for an average adult. When you consider the cost of these "redesigned" trucks, adding a few inches of legroom would have made this thing a home run. When you have the Toyota people lamenting, on camera, that there isn't much room in the back, you know it's an issue. Will they still sell every copy they can make? Probably.
I mean...they make a Tundra, drop an extra $7K+

The back seat is for groms, dogs and groceries. The off chance you need to travel far with 4-5 people, those kids can sit cross-legged for hours. When's the last time you flew Southwest? LOL

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
3 more sleeps and we will know how much our wallets are gonna hurt
That's an optimism I lost along this journey... I'm expecting nothing but silence on the 23rd, new rumors of official pricing coming end of May, YouTubers mentioning they get 14mpg combined with the hybrid, and paint supply chain issues causing only celestial silvers to be offered from this point onward.

This way maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised about something

Cordoc

First Name
Gaston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD offroad 2020
It is time to wake up!!!!!!!!!!
Who takes folk in the back?
I only put my hunting stuff there, the rifles secure with the seatbelts or, when on a photo Safari out west, the camera equipment.
When I take the old lady, she sits with me out front. If I take friends (once in 15 years) I pull my seat forward a bit for the tallest guy.
I am buying the Trailhunter to go offroad with the wife or one friend. More is a waste.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
The pricing Eagle lands tomorrow!

My predictions;

-TRD Pro = $62k
-Trailhunter = $65k

2024 Tacoma Video: 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro & Trailhunter - Dealer Training Vehicles Are Making Rounds IMG_1779
Sponsored