Sponsored

Jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
If anyone is curious what the TRD Pro wheels (correction: 17" aftermarket FSW wheels and Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 tires) look like on the new Tacoma, here it is from Village Pointe Toyota in Nebraska. Anyone actually like how these look?

Check out what the dealer charging for it too. Insanity.

2024 Tacoma 17" Aftermarket TRD FSW (Factory Style Wheels) + Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 Tires Installed on 2024 Tacoma SR5 trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-1

2024 Tacoma 17" Aftermarket TRD FSW (Factory Style Wheels) + Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 Tires Installed on 2024 Tacoma SR5 trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-2
2024 Tacoma 17" Aftermarket TRD FSW (Factory Style Wheels) + Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 Tires Installed on 2024 Tacoma SR5 trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-3
2024 Tacoma 17" Aftermarket TRD FSW (Factory Style Wheels) + Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 Tires Installed on 2024 Tacoma SR5 trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-4
2024 Tacoma 17" Aftermarket TRD FSW (Factory Style Wheels) + Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 Tires Installed on 2024 Tacoma SR5 trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-5
2024 Tacoma 17" Aftermarket TRD FSW (Factory Style Wheels) + Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 Tires Installed on 2024 Tacoma SR5 trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-6
2024 Tacoma 17" Aftermarket TRD FSW (Factory Style Wheels) + Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 Tires Installed on 2024 Tacoma SR5 trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-7
2024 Tacoma 17" Aftermarket TRD FSW (Factory Style Wheels) + Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 Tires Installed on 2024 Tacoma SR5 trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-8
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Not sure these are 2024 TRD Pro wheels. FSW - Factory Style Wheels?

Johnny919

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
Those aren't the factory trd pro wheels, they are 18" according to toyotas website.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
i really don't like the ring on the OR wheels, and the BFG stock tires are not very highly rated by Tire Rack (against Falken Wildpeaks and Nitto Grapplers) but I don't like them that much that I'd pay $5,000 to change them!

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
i really don't like the ring on the OR wheels, and the BFG stock tires are not very highly rated by Tire Rack (against Falken Wildpeaks and Nitto Grapplers) but I don't like them that much that I'd pay $5,000 to change them!
I saw my first 4th gen Tacoma this weekend; Underground, Off-Road. I disliked the wheels in person as much as I thought I would after seeing the pictures. I think reducing the contrast between the ring and the black center would help (I'd vote brightening the center to a smoked metallic or something), but I'm sure thats not happening soon. I do think the hybrid version going up to an 18" might help the appearance though.

Overall, the truck was fantastic. The cabin as a whole feels comfortable, everything is laid out nicely. It was unlocked in a dealer lot so I didnt drive it, just respectfully explored as I'm sure someone has their name on it already. Those wheels probably gave me the final push towards the Sport though. I need the open bed for DIY projects, kayaks, etc. and the 4x4 for snow, camping, and occasional photography journeys. I don't go Off-Road enough to justify the OR if I like the appearance of the Sport more. That's just me though, they're both great trucks.

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
Does it come with 4 different mop n glow packages, lojack tapped wiring harness, VIN etching on the windows and $1500 for 4 oil change package, half of which are covered by Toyota anyway?

FSW rims are $200 each and so are the tires. Nothing like paying $5000 for $1600 worth of cheap aftermarket trash.

Of note the A/T3W's have been discontinued for awhile, so these tires have likely been on the shelf for years and the dealer is using the "kit" add on to get rid of old inventory to boot.

Last edited:

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
I saw my first 4th gen Tacoma this weekend; Underground, Off-Road. I disliked the wheels in person as much as I thought I would after seeing the pictures. I think reducing the contrast between the ring and the black center would help (I'd vote brightening the center to a smoked metallic or something), but I'm sure thats not happening soon. I do think the hybrid version going up to an 18" might help the appearance though.

Overall, the truck was fantastic. The cabin as a whole feels comfortable, everything is laid out nicely. It was unlocked in a dealer lot so I didnt drive it, just respectfully explored as I'm sure someone has their name on it already. Those wheels probably gave me the final push towards the Sport though. I need the open bed for DIY projects, kayaks, etc. and the 4x4 for snow, camping, and occasional photography journeys. I don't go Off-Road enough to justify the OR if I like the appearance of the Sport more. That's just me though, they're both great trucks.
This fad of "blacked out" can't end soon enough.
The trail terrains are highly rated on tire rack.

I wouldn't be "proud" to be from New Mexico. I lived there for 20 years between the military and research lab. I will never set foot in that state again as long as I live.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yep; all black wheels would look so much better!

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This fad of "blacked out" can't end soon enough.
The trail terrains are highly rated on tire rack.

I wouldn't be "proud" to be from New Mexico. I lived there for 20 years between the military and research lab. I will never set foot in that state again as long as I live.
I like all black wheels, and the Trail Terrains might be "highly rated" but they did poorly against the 2 tires I mentioned in Tire Racks own test! I don't remember ever saying I was "proud" to be from NM, since I'm not from NM but retired here in '21, and I absolutely love it here.!

dapperdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road
If anyone is curious what the TRD Pro wheels (correction: 17" aftermarket FSW wheels and Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65 tires) look like on the new Tacoma, here it is from Village Pointe Toyota in Nebraska. Anyone actually like how these look?

Check out what the dealer charging for it too. Insanity.

trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-1.jpg

trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-2.jpg
trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-3.jpg
trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-4.jpg
trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-5.jpg
trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-6.jpg
trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-7.jpg
trd-pro-wheels-installed-2024-tacoma-sr5-8.png
This has me curious, as I have an underground OR and a new set of TRD Pro wheels in bronze sitting in boxes.... Listed them for sale as I am thinking I need more offset on the new Tacoma vs my 2nd gen I sold. Would keep them if the 4mm offset doesn't give to much poke...hard to tell from pictures....that is if the offset is equal.
Sponsored