Sponsored

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Dash screenshot from a TRD PRO iForce Max video at Overland Expo East. 18.8mpg on this TRD Pro with 1059 off roading miles on the clock. What's also interesting is the scale 0,30,60 indicating a potential average 30mpg in ideal conditions/eco mode for the I-Force Max power train.

This is the most miles I've seen on any demo truck yet. This is really good for off road use.

2024 Tacoma 18.8 MPG offroading / 30 MPG potential seen on 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro iForce Max Hybrid 2024 tacoma trd pro mpg mileage

From this off-roaded TRD Pro

2024 Tacoma 18.8 MPG offroading / 30 MPG potential seen on 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro iForce Max Hybrid 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro iforce max MPG 1

2024 Tacoma 18.8 MPG offroading / 30 MPG potential seen on 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro iForce Max Hybrid 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro iforce max MPG 2
Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I have a good friend that works at Toyota. They had a demo for awhile. Said it got 28 in normal driving conditions around dfw. Fingers crossed that is accurate.
What trim? SR5? Assuming hybrid?

Sponsored

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Love it!!!
I’m hoping for like 26-28 combined so after adding all overland gear get like 22ish
Me too! I'll go bigger on the tires, and it might even get better than 22. Maybe even 26 after mods 🤞. That'll be my goal.

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Santa Cruz (looking to replace)
There is now way to determine what the 18.8 mpg is in reference to. Is it since the last engine start? The last tank of fuel? Is it for all of the 1,059 miles on the odo? The Trip B meter in the right side of the cluster shows 727.5 miles and 18.57 hours - 39mph average. Is it for that period?

Bannedname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Based on everything I've seen this is being touted as the same hybrid motor setup as what is on the Tundra. If that is the case, the hybrid MPG gains are going to be in stop and go traffic - hybrid won't gain anything at highway speeds. Tundra is 18 city/24 hwy on the gas model and 20 city/24 hwy on hybrid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Based on everything I've seen this is being touted as the same hybrid motor setup as what is on the Tundra. If that is the case, the hybrid MPG gains are going to be in stop and go traffic - hybrid won't gain anything at highway speeds. Tundra is 18 city/24 hwy on the gas model and 20 city/24 hwy on hybrid.

You are correct.....Performance will only be there during take off and under load.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Being lighter weight than tundra, the gains should be a lil better, maybe 1-3 mpg more vs what tundra got, albeit a smaller motor. Being single turbo vs twin should help some too.

Also, trd pro tundra drops to 18/20. And from all I've heard/read/seen via reviewers, tundra doesn't see any of those numbers. This could be do to some lead feet as that thing can get up and go on command. Everyone's driving style is different.

Bannedname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Being lighter weight than tundra, the gains should be a lil better, maybe 1-3 mpg more vs what tundra got, albeit a smaller motor. Being single turbo vs twin should help some too.

Also, trd pro tundra drops to 18/20. And from all I've heard/read/seen via reviewers, tundra doesn't see any of those numbers. This could be do to some lead feet as that thing can get up and go on command. Everyone's driving style is different.
Single vs twin doesn't really correlate here - you are comparing a v6 twin non-sequential (effectively a single turbo per bank) to a i4 single (effectively a single turbo per bank).

I could see the increase you are saying just based off of the weight though but again I don't think we are going to see a dramatic increase in highway MPG.

The closest thing that I would attempt to compare the MPG to would be the RX350/RX500h with the same engine. RX350 22 city/29 hwy vs RX500h 27city/28hwy - the caveat here being the transmission is different between the RX350 and RX500h.
Sponsored